1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Why didn't anybody tell me about him?!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Muusers, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Im talking about Toots

2. Deacon_Blues

Deacon_Blues

Feb 11, 2007
    Finland
    I've also never heard of him before. Absolutely fabulous music! Thanks for sharing! I'm definitely going to remember that name. :)

3. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    Toots Thielemans! He was a great musuician and a really sweet guy. I met him once after a free concert he did in Hartford, on which I was on the radio broadcast team. That must've been about 1981 or 82.

4. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Absolutely Jaco was a fan of Toots.

Toots plays the harmonica like a sax player...his guitar playing & whistling are top-notch, too! ;)

I think the 1st album I had with him was Quincy Jones' Mellow Madness ("Bluesette"). This same album introduced The Brothers Johnson to the world.
    Toots was always in the top tier of Downbeat magazine's "Best Misc. Instrument" (Rashaan Roland Kirk was always up there, too. Another monster that's usually not mentioned around here).