Why didnt they make the GK MB212 with Ext. speaker out?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by shawshank72, Mar 21, 2011.

1. raymondl3

raymondl3

Dec 10, 2007
    USA
    In my situation I'm competing with a loud drummer, two horns, a singer who can belt it, and a guitarist who likes to "open up" his tube combo. It's high energy club music. I found the amp was OK for my monitor, but it wasn't filling up the stage with "booty" nor did it come out very well in on my Tascam hand-held. It's a great amp. I like it a lot, but I don't think it's big enough sounding for the situation I described...for me.

2. vince a

vince a

Jun 13, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    A semi-loud drummer, two guitars, one bass, one keys (mainly organ), lead singer on another set of keys, three backup singers . . . I initially had the same issue, then remembered how I set up my on-stage Eden rig . . . EQ'd toward more mids . . . I hate that sound as a monitor, but I cut through very easily - with less volume! While on wireless, I walked out to the back of the room, and the bass sounded, well, like bass, esp through the PA! I also use an EBS MultiComp compressor!

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 19, 2021