Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

why do i have to be in australia

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Aug 15, 2005.

1. :bawl:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/IBANEZ-ATK-300-...ryZ38080QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want i want

2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    After you buy a bass or two, you will realize that 80% of the USA has absolutely crappy weather for half of the year. Everything has a price. ;)

3. you think the states are bad..come down here....summer is up around the 40's (celcius) and winter around here has been getting around 1 in the mornings and nights...

plus i got my KSd from the states...no problems (so far)...

but i just want an ATK (or two) again..i miss my old one so much....

ATK>Kubicki

4. Heath,

Surely you have a mate in America that can send you an ATK.

I know what you mean, though... I never quite realised just how much choice was available in America, until I moved here. Just the same, I'm very happy to be living here in Oz.

5. i can talk to brian barret who i got my ksd off..but i dont have any moolah at the moment :bawl: ...but im destined to get another one.....might get another black one..but i doubt ill find another korean atk300 with a flame maple neck :bawl: ...should start work in the next 2-3 weeks...im savin up :hyper:

6. a few months ago, I could have had an ATK-300 on ebay for $365 AU...I'm still kicking myself...

I definitely would not mind owning one, either...but I'm married with children, so I'm on a working man's budget.

I can't complain, though...I have plenty of gear to play with.

7. i should start work in the next 1-4weeks, this is my last week of a pre apprenticeship, all i gotta do is save up a little moolah to gets me an atk...ill be greedy and buy a seccond one further on down the track :D ..and as soon as i can im taking out a loan to buy a rig...all pure hartke....ooooo yeeaaahhhh (approx $2500aus, ha3500, 4.5xl with a little extra for effects :D)

8. jeffhigh

jeffhigh

May 16, 2005

9. alansan

alansan

Mar 12, 2004
    Dublin, Ireland
    Wait, I'm trying to emigrate to Oz so don't spoil my unrealistic expectations... ;)

10. I live in Aus too dude. I feel your pain!

11. ras1983

ras1983

Dec 28, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    See heath, Dr. Cheese is right. In australia, you can say what ever-the-hell you feel like about whoever or whatevere the hell you want and noone gives a damn. The price of this is the high (read: rampant) gear prices.

On teh other hand; you might be able to buy a cheap bass in the USA, but if you complain many people will get the Political Correctness Police to hunt you down... ;)

(BTW, TB yankees are cool). :)

12. Paul182

Paul182

May 18, 2005
    Ireland
    Try living in Ireland. Bad weather for 9 months and it's the 2nd most expensive country in the World(I think). Every bass is twice as much as in America. :crying:

13. utopia_imminent

utopia_imminent

Jun 19, 2004
    try living in Singapore, guys! the weather is so humid all year long. so humid that your bread turns moldy after a few hours in the open.

14. remo

remo

Jan 15, 2005
    I have one thing to add here :

www.basscentral.com

do yourself a favour and get in touch with Grasshopper for ALL your bass needs.. I saved thousands...

15. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Shouldn't have sold the Kubicki.

:p

16. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Hah, had a funny moment in a music shop in Huddersfield today (ok a famously overpriced one but still). Ashdown MAG 300H - £469. ***! Zzounds price - $300. Ok that shop is rather overpriced and I could probably get the MAG for £300 if I looked around but basswise you Americans still have it so lucky.

17. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
    So? You're doing OK if all you can seriously complain about is a bit of weather and the prices of gear you GAS for is higher here.
    Hell, I just sold mine. I liked it but got offered a good price so it went. Watch ebay. There's probably a dozen a year and Haworths had a nice one recently for $385.
    You may prefer it more, but there was nothing inherently superior about the ATK. I did like the neck though.

18. Joe Beets

Joe Beets Guest

Nov 21, 2004
    We've been fogged in here for a week. I haven't seen the sun in ten days. And this is August. In a couple of months the rainy season will start and many of the locals will slash their wrists or drown themselves by walking out into the surf. Oh well, at least I can buy a Behringer bass head for $199. :meh:

19. yes there is.....tone.....and looks :p

i just want my own army of various jazz's and atks....is that too much to ask :p

dont get me wrong, i love aus, will never live anywhere else..(may move to melb or brissie though) but id still prefer a better choice of basses....and lower prices :D ......

20. HEATH - I know a bloke in melbourne with a black ATK that he will be looking to sell (I assume anyway, he recently got himself a SR4).
    Let me know if you're interested and I will get his contact details for you.

EDIT: Viva la Aus!!