Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Why do people like that Fieldy dude?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by After Forever, Feb 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. After Forever

After Forever Banned

Feb 27, 2003
    Detroit area
    I saw him on the cover of some music magazine somewhere? Why? He's nothing special and on top of that he's in a terrible band. And on top of that he wears funny clothes and releases solo rap records. So whats the deal with this guy?

2. Search for: Keyword [click]

Type: Fieldy

Search Thread Titles Only (click)
    Search Bassist Forum only (click)

Search (click)

All you'll ever need to know.

3. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Man, we've went for a pretty long time without a Fieldy topic until today. I think this calls for a celebration.

*cracks open wine bottle*

:D

4. After Forever

After Forever Banned

Feb 27, 2003
    Detroit area
    Hell yeah, but we gotta bash him though, he deserves it. He wears poney tales.

5. I think it takes guts to wear ponie tails ;)

I think Fieldy has unique bass style and he is really popular because he is up front with Jon,Head,and Munky (Singer,Guitar,and Guitar) He doesn't stay in the back like alot of bassist...

Also,he is very diverse....he mixes hip-hop and metal,which is odd to do...but he does it.

I dunno why people bash him...he is just a bassist,doing his own style,in his own band...

-Jon:oops:

6. I couldnt agree more. Same thing with mark hoppus. of course he isnt very good but he must be doing something right if hes making all that $$$.

7. :meh:

:confused:
    :confused:

:spit:

................nevermind, I'll leave the ground balls to others.

8. Why do people like that Fieldy dude?

Because a lot of people are retarded.

9. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Ouch. :D

10. Yes, it's called "ripping off Faith No More."

Next question.

11. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    HaHa!! Well said!:D

12. I like fIeLdY and I like KoRn.

Why, because they're different and very successful at doing so, and when I'm in the right mood, BAM it's KoRn on the cob, baby.

So the hell what?

I also like Jimmy Haslip and the Yellowjackets.

Have a nice day.

BTW - fIeLdY is a name that ALL of us know, and his house is nicer than nice. Good for him.

:D

b

13. Korn aren't different, though--they've spent their career remaking FNM's Angel Dust and King for a Day... with less subtlety and cleverness, and more teen angst. Some would call that "streamlining"; I call it "plagiarism."

I begrudge the fame of any band that is so blatantly derivative.

14. Jay

Jay

Oct 19, 2000
    Bidwell, OH
    BADA BING! :D (Faith No More rocks!)

To each his own. I've listened to Korn and liked it, then I hated them, now I really don't care because I don't listen to the radio or watch TV anyway.

And ya know, even though that guy has way more than I'll ever have it doesn't bother me. At least I've got groove. ;)

15. *sigh*

I think it's Jealousy...you want to big as big as him...hell,he is the one with the talent(IMO of course) but,we all have our Opinions...and if you hate him then hate him...but don't start acting like a damn child when you share your opinion. (E.G- "People who like him are retarded")

-Jon:oops:

16. Score for the naysayers?

Score one for
    Fieldy.

He got all of us to talk about him;) .

17. Nate Dawg

Nate Dawg

Apr 8, 2000
    Denver, CO
    Hitler got everybody to talk about him too.

18. Jealous - I think not. I may not be a millionaire, but at age 38, I make a nice 6 figure salary. In just 2 short years, I will retire with a high 5 figure salary for the rest of my life. Like I said, I may not be rich, but I will be comfortable the rest of my life. I play music for fun, and would never stoop to ripping someone else off and call myself a musician.

I hope the Feildy man has some other talents to fall back on, because I don't see him being around too much longer. Repeat after me - "you want some fries with that".

At least I sleep good at night knowing that I am not ripping off others, or a hack.

19. I cannot and will not trust the aesthetic judgement of someone who has yet to get any hair between his legs.

Like Bass_Pounder said, I know that 30 years down the road, I will be better off financially than Mr. Arvizu, and I'll be able to sleep better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.