1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Why do so many people sell their Lakland DJ's?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lm183902, Mar 12, 2008.

1. lm183902

lm183902

Aug 19, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I've seen a ton of people selling these and I've been wondering why. I've played a few, and thought they were great basses. Is there something I'm missing?

2. bigsnack

bigsnack

Aug 24, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Honestly, I'm thinking that it's the natural ebb and flow of the used market. There was a 2 month period I didn't see a single one come through the classifieds. Okay MAYBE one. Recently, there's been a huge bunch of them. All I know is that I went on a jazz-type playing marathon in the stores recently, and the DJ was the best feeling and sounding instrument of the bunch, so I don't think that there is something inherently wrong with that model.

3. thumpbass1

thumpbass1

Jul 4, 2004
    The same reasons you see everything else instrument wise, being sold
    on the market.

4. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    The same question can be applied to

Lakland Joe Osbourne
    MTD 535
    MTD 635
    Fender MIM
    Fender American Standard
    Fender Marcus Miller
    Fodera
    EB Stingray
    EB Sterling
    Roscoe
    Sadowsky
    Peavey
    and Warwick just to name a few.

5. chiplexic

chiplexic

Apr 21, 2004
    Massachusetts
    You do see more DJ's on the used market as compared to JO's but you'd have to see how many of each are sold on average. Maybe there's just more out there.

6. +1

7. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    If you look back, there appeared to be a plethora (like that word?) of JOs for sale a few months ago....now there are several DJs....they are GREAT basses! The only reason I am getting rid of mine is because I just bought a DJ5.....

Doug