Why do you watch re-runs?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by P. Aaron, Sep 30, 2005.

1. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

'Saw an ad for: 2001: A Space Oddesy" tonite at 10:00PM. I've seen this flick a dozen times, yet I want to watch it again. I also break for "The Godfather". These films are long players, but I can't resist re-runs.

Is this a "guy" thing?
  2. is family matters considered art?
  3. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Do ducks make an adorable "quacking" sound?
  4. Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    Did Urkel make an annoying "snorting" sound?
  5. Why do I watch reruns?

I can never get enough Billy Petersen/Hugh Laurie. Also, you get things you missed the first time round. Stuff you thought was said randomly all of a sudden has context.

So no, it's not a guy thing.
  6. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    When I watch TV, I almost exclusively watch reruns (mainly X-Files, King of the Hill, and Seinfeld). Either that or the History Channel, which is almost all reruns anyway. Other than that, other programs just plain stink.
  7. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    I've only seen it twice (rather 1.5 times) so far, but I'd watch it without hesitation.

Yeah... another good reason. And a good reason why I watch tv less nowadays...
  8. You might have been young and missed some of the jokes, but when you go back and watch the shows again you're like... oh! hahaha.... eww... ;)
  9. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I watch Predator just about every time it's on. But I don't have a TV, nor do I watch that much when I am around one, so that's rare. I don't know what it is about Predator that is so watchable for me. I think it has a lot to do with the minimalism of the movie, very little dialog, slow moving enough to build adequate suspense but still interspersed with enough action to sate the "vege out and watch things explode" tick. I dunno, I just enjoy that movie a lot.
  10. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Or vice versa... go back and watch Batman reruns. That show was the bomb back in the day. Now...

11. bigtexashonk

bigtexashonk Supporting Member

So much of the newer stuff is so awful it just makes the older stuff look that much better.
  12. Mike Shevlin

Mike Shevlin

Feb 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    You will never have to justify braking for The Godfather. My re-run passion is Beavis and Butthead -
  13. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    As much as new stuff may Suck with a capital "S"... have you seen the Adam West version of Batman?

I can still picture Batman and Robin climbing up the side of a building with a rope.

Batman being middle-aged and out of shape and Robin being a complete idiot didn't help.

"Holy renal failure, Batman... I can't find my butt... with both hands!!!".

"Fear not, my lame-brained ward, I also have two hands, I'll find it for you!"

"POW!!!?!" "BLAM!!!" "SKEET!!!".

Ah, the classics. This show was super cool when I was a kid.

Don't get me started on "Dark Shadows", the "horror" " :eek: " soap opera.
  14. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I don't know about that. My wife likes to watch re-runs of shows like Friends.

15. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    i live for old scooby doo and johnny quest...
  16. Not really a "horror" soap opera, more like a "goth" one. My mom loved that show when she was growing up. She has also been purchasing the DVD sets of it one by one for the past year or so. It's not too bad of a show, considering the acting normally found in a soap...
  17. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    It predates the term "Goth" by a few years;). It was a horror or thriller soap opera... the first of it's kind.

The acting ranged from bad to very bad IMO (didn't notice back there)... and I couldn't wait to get home from school every day to see it. Vampires, a werewolf and witches... sweet!!