1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Why does everyone on Craigslist....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Ironbar, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Ironbar

Ironbar Banned

Aug 24, 2013
    Tigard, Oregon
    ....take photos of their guitars/basses upside down?

I mean...seriously. Why? :confused:

2. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Ive never seen an upside down guitar or bass photo on craigslist.

3. Ironbar

Ironbar Banned

Aug 24, 2013
    Tigard, Oregon
    Hmmm. Maybe it's a Portland thing.

4. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Bunch of hipsters. Maybe upside down photos are "in". I know shell art is over...

5. bkbirge

bkbirge

Jun 25, 2000
    Houston, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Steak n Shake
    ... and what's the deal with airline food?

6. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    portlandia_renewed_two-seasons.

7. ThudThudThud

ThudThudThud

Jun 4, 2010
    If you take a shot with a camera that you are holding vertically, and then you upload the pic into your PC it sits horizontally. If you then upload that image the bass is "upside down."

Don't see the problem myself. That's how basses look to me when I'm playing.

8. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

There's a LOT of dumbarses posting on Craigslist! You have the sideways or upside down photos. You have the teeny tiny photos. You have the extremely dimly lit photos and you have zero photos!

9. Doctor_Clock

Doctor_Clock The Moon Machine Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2013
    Brooklyn, NY
    I think it has something to do with the iphone. I usually have to flip pictures I took with my iphone before posting.
    I have never noticed any upside down photos on CR, but I see them all the time on Facebook when people upload straight from their phones.
    Maybe people on CR are posting straight from their phones.

My other guess (which seems more logical) is that the pictures are taken by vampires in order to lure you to their lair in order to turn you into one of them.
    Happy Halloween Folks!

10. I visit the Portland CL at least once a week and have never noticed a bunch of upside down photos. I currently have a bass for sale there and the pictures look fine to me.

We have good herb here. Maybe that explains something. :p

11. capnjim

capnjim

Mar 13, 2008
    Is it possible you are standing on your head??

12. Milk

Milk

Sep 16, 2013
    Montreal, Canada
    Sounds like you saw my bass for sale ad. Weird thing, on Kijiji, they flip my pictures for some reason. I found out recently because craigslist shown it the right way. I did think the camera had reversed the pics but i guess it hadnt. But most of the time, id bet on cameras and people not bothering to flip it back the right way.

13. Ironbar

Ironbar Banned

Aug 24, 2013
    Tigard, Oregon
    There was a bass for sale a couple weeks ago that I would have snapped up in a second if I'd had the scratch!