Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Why does Japan get all the cool stuff??!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by superbassman2000, Nov 6, 2005.

1. In response to your threads title... because they make it themselves and do not depend on a foreign entity to provide them with better technology.

2. its a v-accordian

apparently i've struck a nerve with Mr. Alan...

[​IMG]

3. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    It has something to do with being from the future....

4. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    You want a vac-cordion? :)

When I was in Japan for two months in 2001, that is what I experienced. They use Toyota, Nissan and Suzuki cars - brands we have here as well - but their models are a world and a half cooler than those we've been served. In fact, people who pimp their cars way up here, look almost as cool as a stock cool car in Japan. As for cell phones - only this year have we got cell phones that are approaching what they had five years ago.

But that's how it is. We keep the best for our selves and export the simpler stuff, to be able to afford the cool stuff for ourselves.

You probably could buy one of those vac-cordions from a Japanese music store, though. I think there are some stores that specialize in exporting funny Japanese products.

5. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

6. Bass of Spades

Bass of Spades

Oct 20, 2002

The car thing is because most of their cars don't meet the US safety standards/emissions, that the cell phone thing is because they develop the technology so by the time they are in production, they already have the infrastructure whereas we still have to build the basics like newer towers/systems.

7. :D

folks. i'm not trying to make a why japan is better thread...i'm making a joke that roland has come out with a V-accordian...what a concept! here we have the Vguitar, Vbass, and Vdrums, so what next? the V-Accordian!

8. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    Oh.

I thought it meant a vacuum powered accordion.... I feel so silly.

:)