Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Why does my ear do this?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by wizo, Jun 6, 2003.

1. wizo

wizo Guest

Jan 23, 2003
    *dr nick voice*
    Hello everybody
    *dr nick voice off*
    I just want to complain to you about the crappiest ear in the world. When I'm trying to figure a song out by ear 1 minute I'll think its one pitch and the other i think its diffrent and sometimes i even think its on a diffrent string than i did a second ago:eek:...anyways anyone else had/have this problem and if you got over it how so. By the way does any one have the tabs to death or glory by the clash I've been trying to figure it out, thanks

wizo:confused:

2. I wouldn't worry - mine are crap too! I was recently helping a friend in her university dissertation: I had to listen to groups of three notes of the same pitch played on a clarinet - 2 were with the same reed and one was from a different one. I then had to say which I thought was the different reed and why. One guy complained they all sounded different...

...to me they all sounded the same!

3. wizo

wizo Guest

Jan 23, 2003
    wowzers thats bassicaly the same problem as me. Thanks for posting by the way.

4. I should add that she told me the more I listened to things I thought about the pitch or tried to discern different pitches - like for tabbing a song or something - the better my ear would get.

5. wizo

wizo Guest

Jan 23, 2003
    once again thanks alot:)