1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Why does my NAvigator sound like sh#t? HELP! ! !

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jordykryst, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Jordykryst

Jordykryst

Mar 5, 2009
    So i just bought the Navigator yesterday,

EVERYONE and there mother said it was an awesome pre-amp. but so far my Sansamp R.B.i is making this thing look like a cheap P.o.s.

so i think something is wrong with it.

its clipping my pre-amp and not producing much Sound, its like everytime i strike the string it Clippes HARD. . . and the sound it does make. . . sounds terrible.

i think its prolly my pre-amp tubes? is that possible?

2. I would try replacing the tube in the Preamp.
    I dont think that turning the tube down on the front panel bypasses the tube,but you could try it.
    You mention that its clipping your preamp,what is in your signal chain? The Navigator output would have to much voltage to go into another preamp.

3. MooseLumps

MooseLumps

Nov 4, 2007
    Portland
    So... it's really hard to make heads or tails of your post. "it's clipping my preamp and not producing much Sound..." you should not be running the navagator into another preamp, unless you have it patched properly (using the main outs is the issue, they are too hot for the input of a another pre)

Roll your gain down if it's clipping, and use your master to compensate
    Roll down the compression, if it's up a lot it could be the problem
    Is your main out from the preamp sent to the input on your power amp?
    there is a chance that you have a bad tube, but it's really not likely.

if you still don't like it, ship it to me ;-)