1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

why does no one in the usa carry schaller M4-2000 tuners?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Gopher Bob, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Gopher Bob

Gopher Bob

Nov 24, 2001
    Florida
    I've own basses with Grover, gotoh, hipshot ultra lights and schaller M4-2000 tuners. The schallers are awesome and stay in tune forever.

For at least six years I've searched and not a single USA retailer carries these. The closest are the M4s which are completely different. Places can order them for outrageous prices but no one carries them. I have to wonder why. Is it no one has had the opportunity to try them?

If anyone knows of a USA seller that will order them for me let me know. Also I'm not interested in paying $160 for a set of 4 tuners. I know the price Mr schaller would sell them for so let's say 15% markup from that.

2. RSBBass

RSBBass

Jun 11, 2011
    NYC
    Try asking Schaller.

3. LongHairFreak

LongHairFreak Insert cool nickname? Nobody's given me one yet. Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Twin Cities - MN
    What's the difference btwn the two? I have what I believe to be M4's in the classifieds and a potential buyer told me they were not M4s. I happened to purchase them at the same time I ordered/bought a Schaller 2000 bridge, so perhaps I'm wrong?

4. TBPlayerOC

TBPlayerOC

Oct 17, 2013
    Orange, CA
    Bob I ordered a set of M4 2000s with a 90 degree lug from allparts. com. I provided them the part numbers from schallers site. They are a special order and cost me $80 plus shipping. I should have them in early December if all goes well.

blackandwhite likes this.
  5. Kmonk

Kmonk

Oct 18, 2012
    South Shore, Massachusetts
    Endorsing Artist: Fender, Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan, Nordstrand Pickups, Korg , Conquest Sound
    Supply and demand. No other reason. If they have enough demand and can make a decent profit, they will sell it.