Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Why does the "bass room" always smell like pot?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Lowhighq, Mar 15, 2001.

1. Lowhighq

Lowhighq

Mar 7, 2001
    I often find myself at my local Guitar Center. While I don't particularly like the store, it has a nice little closed off room with basses in it. It's really small and the temperature is probably around 80 degrees. The real problem is that this room always smells like marijuana. I open the door, and the smell just hits me. Why?

a) The room is really small and the smell can't go anywhere, so it festers

b) Bass players smoke a lot of pot

c) The employees are trying to get you high, so you'd make purchases you wouldn't make if you were on the level.

I like to go in there and play bass, but I don't know if i can stand the heat and being doped up. Does anyone else experience this at Guitar Center? Any ideas?

2. I respectfully refuse to answer the question on the grounds it may intend to incriminate myself.......

Only kidding, there is no G/C in my area......

But as a general rule bass players do indulge in the herb........

3. i have never smelled it but that does answer a lot.
    friggin junkies :D

4. Nails

Nails

Jun 4, 2000
    Austin, Tejas
    My guess would be C. Because when you don't know the answer you always guess C! :D

The only GC I've been to didn't have a bass room, but it did have a room with two Marshalls in it to keep the guitarists a little quieter. Maybe a bassist designed that one. But the area with the bassist is just in a little offset area opposite of the guitar wall. It's far from being a "room" but I can play Stingray 5s there so I don't complain.

5. damn the bass room in my g/c don't smell like pot!! but i have to go woth b alot of bass players do smoke pot!! atleast everyone i have meet in person!! but all guitarist are drunks but i am yet to find out what drummers are??

6. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    No comment on the actual thread topic, but:

<font size=5>
    You

Don't

Want

To

Know!</font>

Will C.:cool:

7. Every bass player i know (including me) smokes pot. but then again, so does almost every one i know. so does my 2 guitar players. and my drummer.... i'd have to say everyone in my town is a bunch of raging chronics...

8. Starrchild

Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.
    and what gc is this?lol

9. for the record i don't smoke pot, never have and should probably start.....:p

anyways, its obvious why it smells like that. Too much pot makes people a little slow, thats why we have drummers. Now, like the other thread that reinforces this, drummers hate bassists (we're the middle man). So all the pot head drummers go into the bass room and see what the hell we're on about. While they're there, they toke up cause they just can't grasp why "these thick drum sticks have thick strings on them".

Dats my theory and i'll stick to it! lol

Merls

10. sn0wblind

sn0wblind

Apr 20, 2000
    Ontario, Canada
    Count me out, it must be C!!!!

11. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I almost pissed in my pants!!!!! :):):)

12. Starrchild

Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.
    does it smell like bama(garbage),or the BOMB.?

13. My local GC had a bass room, but a couple of months ago they got a BUNCH more bass stuff so they just removed the doors and glass and stuff so its out in the open.

14. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    *real* bassists don't smoke pot.
    they scull the bongwater :D

15. man that stuff is nasty. Drummers tho, they'd drink anything, hell they'd drink urine if they could. Afterall the alcohol and the stress of pondering in the guitar store, they'd have no brain cell left.

Merls

16. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    the g/c around doesn't have a bass room. They stuck all the basses closer to the amp rooms than the guitars. I don't smoke anything. Don't plan on starting either.