Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

why doesn't...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sloppysubs, Feb 22, 2004.

1. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    the speakon lock on my brand new ashdown 900. it will lock into all the other amps and cabs i have but it wont lock into the ashdown. it will go in but not turn to lock. its strange. any ideas?

2. Speakon jack/plug pairs come in 1,2,4 pair types.

My experieince is with the two-pair type. It might be possible to insert a mis-matched plug, but it most likely will not turn.

Check and be sure you are using a matching pair.

After that, I have notice the cheap Asian knockoff Speakon connectors don't mate as nicely as the real thing. The problems I have with the knockoffs is the sliding lock mechanism is hard to move when the plug is locked in place.

3. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    how will i knwo what number (1 2 3 or 4) the speakon cables i have now are and what kind the amp and cabinets need?

4. Wes Whitmore

Wes Whitmore Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    The blue ringed Neutek cables that I have seen always have 4 conductors, although they only have 2 wires in them. I think they are the N4L. I have purchased spare ends to make my own cables, and I have purchased premade, and all have the same end. I do have a 2 conductor cable with black 90 degree ends, and they do not turn, but lock into place when you push them in. it is probably a better cable, but I like the twist. Regardless, they both work in the same terminal cups. The grooves onthe plastic ends are very different though to allow them to lock in different ways. I hope this helps a little.
    Wes

5. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    yea me too. im gonna go figure it out to night at practice