Why don't E-Bay sellers ever answer my questions ?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by banditcosmo, Nov 21, 2002.

1. banditcosmo

banditcosmo Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2002
    Charlottesville, Va.
    In the last few days I've emailed like 5 sellers about their auctions with no reply. You'd think they'd answer your questions if they want to sell the item. When I put up an auction I check my email all the time and answer questions as soon as I get them.
    There is an Acme cab for sale and all I want to know is what the impedance is. If it's 8 ohms I was going to try to win the bid. I've emailed the guy like 4 times now and still no reply. Now I won't buy it even if it stays at $200.00
    Sorry I just felt like bitching.:mad:
  2. jblaven

Nov 18, 2002
    keep this in mind. You might be asking all the right questions. Funny thing is, they might be the wrong questions for the sellers. You are an educated buyer who knows what you want. If you ask questions and they can't give you answers you want to hear, they ignore you.

They are probably doing you a favor.

Then again, they might not be at the computer.

Pay attention to the resolution of the photo, description, etc. Usually you can tell if the person is selling an item and not coming clean about its condition, etc.

Just some thoughts I have when buying/selling on Ebay.

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    I answer all questions people ask of me and I'm pretty good about getting answers to my questions.

I'll fix the subject/verb agreement in your title now.:p
  4. banditcosmo

banditcosmo Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2002
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Thanks Blackbird,
    I ain't no good with me grammar:)

Well, I'm not sure what else to ask the dude about the impedence on the Acme cab. I first emailed him asking what the impedance is, then I tried ohms. Then I tried putting ohms and impedance in the same question. I'm not sure how else to put it. I guess I'll just forget about the cab because the guy has hardly any feedback.
    Maybe I'm just emailing the wrong sellers. I just sent myself a test message and that worked.
    All I know is if an E-Bay seller doesn't bother to answer my question I'm not going to bid on their item.
  5. bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    I just started using ebay, but i havent bought anything yet. Im currently in the process of tryng to sell some old video games.

One thing that im unsure of, is what you do after you win an auction, or someione wins your item?
  6. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I am an Ebay veteran of 2 of 3 years and i think i have only needed to email; a seller once to check if the product was what i wanted based on the pictures. Buying on ebay is an acquired skill-you have to be a wise vulture to some degree to truly get a good (quality) deal. In response to the payment issue, after an auction if you selling an item you can do one of two things after emailing the seller/buyer and confirming the total billing amount (including shipping, and within 3 days of the auction)- 1) use paypal, or some other online billing service, to send a payment from your bank account or credit card via email. the reciever has to pay a small percentage of the payment as an acceptance fee and an email is sent to the vendor requesting their bank account info so tha the payment can be wired to his/her account. If the recipient has a paypal account, the money is wired directly to their bank account. Paypal has been ticking me off and I suggest using option 2 if you don't have an account. 2) Go to the post office and ask for a money order for $XX.xx. You will be charged a small fee (no more than $1) for the money order. Fill out the info on the money order and send it to the vendor via snail-mail after you email them for their address. Most sellers will also accept a Certified Cashier's Check from your bank, which in omst cases won't cost any more than a money order. BE SURE TO INCLUDED YOUR ITEM NAME AND NUMBER AS WELL AS YOUR SHIPPING ADDRESS WITH THE MONEY ORDER IN AN ENVELOPE. Some seller accept personal checks, but not most seeing as they take 2 weeks to clear and can bounce. If you are the seller, simply cash the money order at your bank. After the transaction is through (money recieved, item recieved) make sure you leave feedback to the seller/buyer (this can be done through My Ebay). Hope this answers all your Ebaying questions! Like I said, it takes some getting used to to ensure a genuine good deal, i got a a spector NS2000 Q5 in good shape for $340 w/ hardcase off of their, jsut had to do some minor maintenence to get it in top shape, so their are deals to be had! SoRrY, one last note~if the shipping seems a bit high (liek they are trying to make extra profit) go to FeDex/UPS/USPS.com and use their little tool to check the shipping. if its more than 25% or so off, your usually getting screwed!. ~Peace~
  7. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Sorry-:confused: one last note about Ebaying dude...if your selling, don't ship until you recieve payment (I think this common sense), and be prompt about your shipping (within 3 days of recieving payment) or people will get annoyed. Another good thing to do is do a search for the thing your selling and put your opening bid just a little bit below what the item your selling is currently selling at. Don't use a reserve, people hate reserves-they are pointless, just start the bidding at close to what you want or think you can get for the item. State NO RESERVE or NR in the listing title to attract more buyers as well. People are very suspicious of sellers with no feedback, and I would recommend buying something cheap that you want/ need off of ebay top get some feedback first. I think that really is it, lol, thank you for your patientence bassheads! :D
  8. Hey clean up your act, It's "aren't" no good at grammar.

9. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    buyer and seller have to email each other within three days of auction end to verify shipping addresses and final costs. buyer sends money via ebay paymnets, paypal or money order (as stated not everyone takes checks and that will delay shipment). once payment is recieved/cleared the buyer will/should send out said item. then leave appropriate feedback.

and what kind of video games? NES?
  10. bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    Its a gameboy color game. The title of the auction is "ready to rumble for gameboy color"
    I dont know the item number off the top of my head.