1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Why don't people post reviews in "Gear Reviews"?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by JanusZarate, Apr 11, 2006.

1. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    San Francisco, CA, USA
    I know I'm guilty, too... I wrote a Little Big Muff review in this forum.

But hey - I copied it and put it in "Gear Reviews" too! I just wanted to get discussion and opinions flying on the pedal in here, that's all.

I noticed that few people actually post stuff in there, though. Is there something I'm out of the loop on? :confused:

It can't be very useful if not much is put into it. It's a sort of paradox - it's not an ideal resource because it lacks sufficient reviews, and it can't be an ideal resource if no one submits reviews... and I think people may not be submitting because it's not an ideal resource...

2. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    I alway figure: "if it's an effect pedal I'm reviewing, I'll put it in the effects forum"

My "method to my madness" (if you will...) is that people will be looking for effects related stuff here, and not so much in other places on this site. That, and the fact that everyone solicets (sp?) review here anyway!

3. Dash Rantic

Dash Rantic

Nov 12, 2005
    Palo Alto, CA
    I've put a few reviews in the Gear Review section. If I ever write a big review, I'd put it both places. But having all the reviews in one spot is much easier than digging through a forum.

-Dash

4. i put in a couple today :)

5. I put a crappy DOD review in there.

Time to get the Ampeg stuff in there, along with the Fender. ;)

6. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    San Francisco, CA, USA
    In response to the spelling question, it's spelled "solicits" :D

That is true, though - people do look here more for effects info, probably for the same reason I do - discussion and comparison to other pedals. It's the kind of stuff you don't really get in the Gear Reviews section.

Dual resources still wouldn't hurt, though, especially since the "search" function in the forums likes to cut out key words like "versus", "small", "little", and lots of other words that would make life simpler if we could use them...