Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Why don't people reply to my threads

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassplayajew, Apr 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bassplayajew

bassplayajew

Mar 14, 2002
    Bethesda, MD
    My other question is that with a mono (SWR350) head and two 8 ohm cabinets, is the power rating of the amp (350 watts @ 4 ohms) per cabinet or in total? I mean is each cab getting 350 watts or is 350 watts the total of the two cabinets?

2. 350 watts is the total output at 4 ohms.

3. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    Perhaps it's your user name? :confused: I don't know. It might put some people off. I'm assuming it's meant to be humorous. But it's a P.C. world. B.T.W I don't get alot of responses to my threads either, maybe because I'm fairly new here. It's cool though.

4. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    Yeah, that user name threw me off also. The fact remains that I knew nothing about that particular SWR model.

5. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    I thought I was the biggest thread-killer on TalkBass!

Unless your username is over-the-top, super-duper offensive, I don't think that's the problem. FWIW, I don't think "bassplayajew" is offensive at all, but some people 'round here seem to be a lot like Trojan Ultra condoms -- extra sensitive!

6. FunkySpoo

Feb 6, 2002
    Yeah, I personally don't think it's offensive either. But as ebozzz said I think it just might through people off.

7. FunkySpoo

Feb 6, 2002
    B.T.W hategear if your the biggest thread killer, don't look back cause I'm comin up fast on the outside :D

8. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    LOL

Maybe Paul should add a "Number of Threads Killed" counter along with our post count number?

9. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    I'm not going to reply to this thread.

10. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    It did for me a little. I'm not the "Trojan Ultra" man either! :D Check this out. Shortly after the September 11th incident, I posted a thread asking if it would be nice if conflicts could be solve by cutting heads. Cutting heads in the musical sense not actually cutting off someone's head mind you. Well, let's just say that my thread was totally misunderstood and I actually offended some members.

I never intended to do such a thing but it happened. TalkBass has a lot of members from other regions of the world and from all walks of life. Someone in Israel or of Jewish ancestry may actually be turned off by your user ID. I don't personally find it offensive but I learned all too well in my "Wouldn't it be nice if....." thread that something you feel is harmless can easily be misinterpreted.

11. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    You just did.:rolleyes:

Like ZoomBoy said, 350 total.

12. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    EBOZZ i cannot believe you would make such a harsh comment... i bet you eat meat... i bet you torture your meat before you eat it... i bet you call it names and make fun of its mother... i bet you rough it up a bit and kiss its girlfriend while it watches... i bet you make it listen to NELSON... you sick sick man...;)

13. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    by the way i am DEFINATELY not responding to this thread.

14. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    SRG,

That's probably what quite a few people thought about me after that thread. I got beat up pretty bad! In the thread itself, PMs and emails. They came at me from all angles. Now here you are bringing back all of those memories! :D ;)

15. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    by the way i am still not answering this thread

16. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    350 @ 4 ohms

Two 8 ohm cabinets in parallel, totalling 4 ohms load.

350 / 2 = 175 watts per cabinet.

Is that the answer you were looking for?

17. bassplayajew

bassplayajew

Mar 14, 2002
    Bethesda, MD
    thanks to all those who answered my amp question. To those who said stuff about my user name, I understand since theres no voice or facial expression to judge by so y'all just assume that everyones being serious and stuff but you know, I'm just like everyone else here wanting to enjoy the bassist community. I'm going to change my name but its just...whatever.

18. lneal

lneal

Apr 12, 2002
    Lee County, Alabama
    Hey bpj-don't worry about your user name! Doesn't bother me. If they can't loosen up, well, farck 'em! One of my best bass playing friends is Jewish and when we talk, he tells me all the latest Jewish jokes! He's a really funny guy. Then, I tell him a few Gentile jokes!

19. incubus2432

incubus2432

Mar 21, 2002
    Grafton, Ohio
    I wouldn't change the name (I thought it was funny and harmless).....if someone is going to be "upset" by it then odds are something in your posts will set them off too. I've run across some posts on this forum that have been pretty closed minded and inflamatory........idiots are idiots and they'll find any excuse to be critical......WHO CARES:p

20. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Shoot, I was totally unaware that Jews even played basses. Live and learn, eh?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.