1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Why even bother to offer shakes?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Peter McFerrin, Mar 31, 2006.

1. In my extremely unscientific survey, I have found that only about 20% of Jack in the Box locations in my area actually offer milkshakes during late night hours. Why even bother to have the damn things on the menu?

WHY MUST YOU TAUNT ME WITH YOUR DELICIOUS GELATINATED QUASI-DAIRY PRODUCTS, JACK? WHY? :mad: :mad: :crying:

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    At one point there was a period of time in which I kept stopping at JitB at night and trying to order that chicken and rice bowl (teriyaki or something) that they had. Every single time, no matter what the location I got "Sorry, we're out." I never did try that thing. I wondered if they were lying and just didn't want to make it or something.

bc

3. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I would recommend you contact their corporate offices.

A lot of places will just say "sorry, we're out" because they are already preparing for closing time so they all can get out quickly.

Shakes are definately one that it happens to a lot because they have to tear down the shake machine every night and clean it. Trust me, there are lots of parts and little rubber o-rings in them things.

Again, call the corporate offices and make a complaint. Have the store #, time, and (if possible) the person's name you dealt with.

4. Oxblood

Oxblood Banned

Apr 17, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Never been to a Jack in the Box, the one close by got shut down because of health problems. Oh well, maybe one day.

5. The oreo-cookie shake is heartattack-alicious.

Don't even get me started on their tacos...

6. I wouldn't touch Crack in the Box with a 10 foot Czecholslovakian!!

Especially since ours shares a parking lot with Lew's Drive in (est 1954) who's burgers and fries are to KILL for. Plus they have a yearly cruise in, and last years brought nearly 300 cars.:D

Rock on
    Eric

7. I only eat two things from JITB: the shakes and those little Southwest Chicken Pitas. The latter is damn good on a per-calorie basis, and you don't even have to deal with the (utterly asstacular) salsa since it's in a separate container.

8. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    The tacos (while not real tacos) are insanely good. 2 tacos for a dollar you can't go wrong.

9. Thor

Thor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

The thought of eating one of their Cheeseburglers
    makes me want to jump for Joey!

27-52m.

10. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    McD's "Shamrock Shakes" are teh win! I had 3 this year

..... Mmmmmmm minty green

11. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    At Jack-in-the-Box, we DO believe the kangaroo is a versitile animal. Hey! It's even in our tacos.

12. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I used to dig those but after a while even the shakes started tasting greasy.

13. Most fast-food shakes, JITB included, have so many additives in them that even if they use real soft-serve ice cream they still do horrible things to my digestive tract.

14. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    because apparently they bring all the boys to the yard.

15. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

everything i've ever tried at JITB seems to horrible things to my digestive tract ...

16. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    I got food poisoning at JITB years ago. Never been back since. I know if was from there cause three of us ate super tacos and we all had the same symptoms. :eek:

17. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    My first instinct would be to stay away from a place that offers burgers, tacos, pitas, shakes, etc. all in one tiny little restaurant.

18. Thor

Thor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

Yeah right!

It's only because y'all ate with the left hand!

:ninja:

19. And they're all like, "It's better than yours"

20. steve21

steve21 Banned

dude, i love the teriyaki bowls... that they USED to have.

They stopped selling them... at least here.