Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Why F bass?...and pics!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Yamarc, Oct 27, 2003.

1. Yamarc

Yamarc Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Northville, MI
    I see a lot of people here love F bass, having never played one, I am wondering what exactly do you guys love about your F basses...and, of course, pics never hurt anybody! Marc

2. Victor Wooten98

Victor Wooten98 Guest

Jul 31, 2003
    South of Heaven...
    Well, I have never heard or played one, but they look super sexy, too good to be real almost...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope these pics work...

3. Well, I love the tone I get out of my bass. It fits the hole left by my J Bass and so much more. Great slap tone, great fingerstyle tone, very punchy and just the right amount of natural mid scoop in the sound for a lot of funk type bass. I really like the feel of the wide, thin neck and the B string is great.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Geoff

4. CustomFbass

CustomFbass

Sep 14, 2003
    Ontario
    F bass, what can't they do? The reason why I own one is because I've played them for 5 years knowing I was going to buy one. They track amazingly to any recording device. The feel of them is sooo slick and plays like butter! I would consider getting rid of the rest of my basses just for another F. I play a studio Custom by the way.

5. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

If I didn't play Fodera I'd play F bass. Heck sometimes I still get the urge to play an F bass.

6. I always thought they looked sweet and then I got the chance to play one a little while back. they are amazing. kinda like a jazz bass on major steroids. I could not think of a situation where you could not get a awesome tone. they are just amazing. hands down one of the best basses I have ever played. when get some regular income I will definetly buy one.

7. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Gosh Jared, I play Fodera and I still play an F. So many differences but yet playability is just as sweet.

[​IMG]