1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Why F bass?...and pics!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Yamarc, Oct 27, 2003.

1. Yamarc

Yamarc

Jun 25, 2002
    Northville, MI
    I see a lot of people here love F bass, having never played one, I am wondering what exactly do you guys love about your F basses...and, of course, pics never hurt anybody! Marc

2. Victor Wooten98

Victor Wooten98 Guest

Jul 31, 2003
    South of Heaven...
    Well, I have never heard or played one, but they look super sexy, too good to be real almost...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope these pics work...

3. Geoff St. Germaine

Geoff St. Germaine Commercial User

Well, I love the tone I get out of my bass. It fits the hole left by my J Bass and so much more. Great slap tone, great fingerstyle tone, very punchy and just the right amount of natural mid scoop in the sound for a lot of funk type bass. I really like the feel of the wide, thin neck and the B string is great.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Geoff

4. CustomFbass

CustomFbass

Sep 14, 2003
    Ontario
    F bass, what can't they do? The reason why I own one is because I've played them for 5 years knowing I was going to buy one. They track amazingly to any recording device. The feel of them is sooo slick and plays like butter! I would consider getting rid of the rest of my basses just for another F. I play a studio Custom by the way.

5. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

If I didn't play Fodera I'd play F bass. Heck sometimes I still get the urge to play an F bass.

6. I always thought they looked sweet and then I got the chance to play one a little while back. they are amazing. kinda like a jazz bass on major steroids. I could not think of a situation where you could not get a awesome tone. they are just amazing. hands down one of the best basses I have ever played. when get some regular income I will definetly buy one.

7. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Gosh Jared, I play Fodera and I still play an F. So many differences but yet playability is just as sweet.

[​IMG]