1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Why have Fenders prices gone up?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cbass717, Mar 24, 2009.

1. cbass717

cbass717

Jun 30, 2008
    like everything Fender has gone up 100-300 dollars. for example: the jag. is like roughly $1000. Why is this? the economy? wht do u guys think?

2. uaudio

uaudio

Apr 11, 2008
    Arizona
    Secret marketing tactic.

3. Geddy Claypool

Geddy Claypool SX J-75/Traben Neo 4 -> SVT-CL/SVT-810E

Aug 3, 2008
    Maryland
    This has been covered quite a bit lately....but yeah, it's awful.

4. Febs

Febs Supporting Member

May 7, 2007
    Philadelphia, PA
    Fender's prices have gone up? I can't believe no-one has started a thread about this before! :eek:

5. LOL- this phrase has been used in almost all of them too!
    Really who cares?
    I'll never buy a Fender anyways...:ninja:
    :D
    well....maybe if I get GAS bad enough...
    Peace
    :bassist:

6. Acustiman

Acustiman

Aug 22, 2008
    I'm guessing the 30% lighter machine heads.

7. Say hello to a new whole Fender, or better yet goodbye ;)

8. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    because they can. And you will still buy.

you will.
    you must.
    you can't stop yourself.

9. uaudio

uaudio

Apr 11, 2008
    Arizona
    2008 = OMG new Fenders r so awesome. Drool drool SALIVATE. Buy 1 U guise! Now! VISA SWIPE x1million !!!1111!!1

2009 = Fender sucks. How DARE they raise the price on us after we've TOTALLY INCREASED DEMAND!?!?!?

Whoever they replaced at Fender must have taken basic economic theory. We're totally screwed now.

10. Mr. Mig

Mr. Mig

Sep 7, 2008
    It sucks.

11. llamalor2112

llamalor2112 Banned

Sep 18, 2007
    Hey, those of us who bought them before the increase are all pretty satisfied with ourselves. I bought my Geddy for $699 new and now it costs $1200. I really enjoy telling people that my bass costs that much! :D
    (Please ignore my arogance. :smug:)

12. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    They raised quality and then prices. How dare they?

13. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    I think you need a "better" Fender..................:ninja:

14. JoeyZ

JoeyZ

May 9, 2005
    You know what other brand significantly increased in terms of quality? Squier, and those are still well within anyone in the market's price range. They even look like Fenders! ooooohh!!!

:p

15. I don't give a **** what Fender does anymore, because i buy my Strat's and Jazz bass' from Warmoth.

Warmoth can make me a totally custom instrument at a better price, and the only real difference is that it won't have the same name on the headstock.

Who had the absolutely brilliant idea that when the economy hits a crunch we raise the prices? Absolutely genius!

Not to mention the beautiful routing that Fender does under the pickguard these days!

16. _______

Ok but demand did not increase on every model, yet it seems to be that every model has gone up significantly. Prices WILL go down. People don't have the credit and $ to spend like they used to. Demand decreases and along with it sales diminish. Fender will adjust or sell hopefully to somebody who understands Fender's clientel.

17. xaxxat

xaxxat Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2008
    They're doing their part to save the starving CEO's...

18. Good point and continuing from my previous statement-if they decide to hold and compromise sales by targeting the Lakland and Sadowsky owners, Fender will be replaced by a company that can meet the demands of the consumer who is willing to buy a Domestic or Internationally made instrument of better quality than Made in Mexico Fenders for less than $1000. Ibanez, Dean, Gibson, ESP, G&L or a new company.

19. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    For the record, a MIA Fender J now costs more than a Lakland Skyline Darryl Jones. If I'd been in the market for a jazz bass this year I'd have a Lakland.

20. It seems every new thread about fenders 2009 model pricing ends in a fender bashfest.
    I like Fender and enjoy mine.. I doubt I will be buying a new fender anyways.
    In 2008 I thought that the MIM were a very good value.