1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Why have Fenders prices gone up?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cbass717, Mar 24, 2009.

1. The difference being, of course, that the Fenders would be worth more when turned in due to the added "mojo".

2. king_biscuit

king_biscuit Supporting Member

May 21, 2006
    US

It wasn't a lawsuit, and those companies you named were not defendants. It was a patents appeal, and some of those companies wrote opposition (essentially amicus curiae) briefs. I am sure that Fender paid their legal team a reasonable fee! ;)

3. "Why have Fenders prices gone up?"....because people will still buy them I guess.

4. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.

Fender(the plaintiff)claimed damages from the other companies(the defendants) therefore making it a lawsuit.

Fee's that have to be recouped some how :)

5. king_biscuit

king_biscuit Supporting Member

May 21, 2006
    US

I haven't been following this all that closely, and there could have been lawsuits, but the case everyone is talking about is a patents'/trademark appeal. My opinion is that that is not the reason for the price increase, but I'm not on the board of directors.

6. How bizarre the Fender legacy. Leo sells to CBS and CBS built it up then drove it into the ground and near bankruptcy by the early 80's. The employees buy the company rebuild it and then drive it back into the ground in the name of greed.
    Fender design has become a standard. Accept it and make the best product you can.

It's like the family of Lucille Ball, "I love Lucy", suing every sitcom ever produced since the early 50's for stealing her idea of how produce a TV series.

7. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.

:)

8. you can vote with your money, by giving it to the other more deserving competitors, like I have :)