1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

why hot sauce.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mike phillips, Mar 9, 2008.

1. my folks came down for a visit. i made supper and laced mine with habaneros. mama wanted to know why i wanted to eat somethin so hot. i couldnt give her an answer other than i just like it. so here is my question why do you eat hot peppers and hot sauce? hopefully you can give me something other than i just like it.

2. theshadow2001

theshadow2001

Jun 17, 2004
    Ireland
    You enjoy the sensation. The more you eat it the more tolerant you become to that sensation so you are able to eat increasingly hotter foods. To someone without the same tolerance it's way way too hot to you it seems just nice and spicy

3. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Perhaps we're all secretly masochistic and there's a part of us that really enjoys the hot poops.

[​IMG]

4. theshadow2001

theshadow2001

Jun 17, 2004
    Ireland
    Warms you up on a cold winters day

5. that dont happen much any more.

6. Marcury

Marcury High and Low

Aug 19, 2007
    Mid Hudson Valley, NY
    one word: ENDORPHINS!

7. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    I'll tell you our secret ingredient, we sourced some Siracha Hot Sauce (Cock Sauce atozsmileyfl5. ) from a restaurant supplier. I find Siracha to be the best secret ingredient to everything from chili and bbq to spaghetti.

sriracha.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capsaicin

I'm not sure that this will answer your question, but the burning sensation does help wake up flavors in food.

8. LzeroKI

LzeroKI

Dec 24, 2006
    Charlotte, NC

The entire reason my friend began eating whole habaneros, after the burn wears off, you're in heaven.

9. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I want people to think I am manly.

10. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    You know when you are "passing" supper.

11. come around visit north india some time!

12. seventhson

seventhson Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    absolutely!

13. jwbassman

jwbassman Supporting Member

Aug 9, 2006
    Other that the fact that they taste good, you can always say you're searching for the "Insanity Pepper"...

[​IMG]

14. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Endorphins on the way in, endorphins on the way out :D

15. i grew up eating hot sauce it just brings back fond memories of my misspent youth.

16. theshadow2001

theshadow2001

Jun 17, 2004
    Ireland
    ....on the toilet

17. me and my brother used to drink shots of tobasco it burned on the way in and on the way out :ninja: and each time we burped :D

18. sounds like me an my buddy mikey. he moved to arkansas, now i do hot sauce shooters with my neighbors wife.

19. So that is what they are calling that these days.

I eat hot stuff because it tastes good and reminds me of Mexico, I like Mexico.

lowsound

20. I plan on going around September. Maybe I'll have to stop by.