Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Why I am really really screwed

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by IAMERICCOCHRANE, Jan 20, 2004.

1. So my job gives random UA's. Well I took one a week ago and got my results back, and they said it was diluted. ***!? I did not even try to dilute the damn test, nor did I even drink that much fluid.

At first I couldn't even pee, I tried 3 times and couldn't get anything, so they told me to try again later. I drank a propel fitness water and about half a cup of water, and pee'd fine. I am now near the verge of being fired for this.

I told them I would take another UA and they said how do they know I didn't just use dilute the other test to give me some time to clean up, which is not the case anyway. They are reviewing it and what not, and hopefully I can retake the the test and keep this crappy job.

BTW I havent smoked pot for atleast 4 months, so I can pass a test easily...

2. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    Yeah there like that here in the states. Prolly not as hard core about that stuff in BC. But it's BS reguardless...Courious how the temp of the sample was, if it was body temp how would you be able to add fluid to it and keep the temp right? Next time just pee on the floor, fire up a spliffy as your walking out and ask the company if they have any offices in Amsterdam.

3. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Is there a reason for the random tests? Is it one of those industries where what you do on your spare time CAN affect your work?

4. Answer I give everyone.

Kill them..

5. Its petsmart. I don't think smoking pot would affect my performance if im not smoking it at work. I should just quit, its a crappy job, but its so hard to find another where I live.

6. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Have you eaten a poppy seed bagel recently? They make you test positive for some drugs.

7. Just quit the damn <A TITLE="Click for more information about job" STYLE="text-decoration: none; border-bottom: medium solid green;" HREF="http://search.targetwords.com/u.search?x=5977|1||||job|AA1VDw">job</A> man, your young and you live in Colorado for damn sakes, the most densely populated marijuana state! Enjoy! Work at a headshop or something. Your going to be 18 soon, right?

8. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Not anymore... They changed the test so they call tell the difference between a true opiate presence, and just a poppy seed presence.

9. yea, im 18 in 2 weeks. I don't smoke pot though. I used to alot, but I quit seeing as how it held me back so much in school and other aspects of life. I would quit, but its really hard to find a job right now. I think I will just let this run its course and hope for the best.

10. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Poop in the test cup. Hand to the tester and say, "test this, biznitch".*

*not good advice.

11. no4mk1

no4mk1

Feb 21, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    OH MY GOD! They pee test you at PETSMART?!?! :spit:

I work for a F@(&ing engineering firm, and they don't test! :rolleyes:

Why somebody can't stock shelves and feed the hamsters with THC in their blood is totally beyond my comprehension. :(

Man, I suggest finding meaninful employment elsewhere. Anywhere.

Cheers,
    Chris

12. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX

Heh, maybe because the source of the THC is an ILLEGAL substance, and they don't think criminals should be allowed to work for them? Eh?

13. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    You mean like 95 mph SPEEDERS???????? Actually, I think after a certain speed, it becomes reckless operation, or public endangerment here in ohio, and they don't defer jack here.

CRIMINAL!

:D

14. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Good call! If I were an employer and knew about that ticket you got for excessive speeding I would be damned if I would hire you. You did in fact break the law, even though speeding has no indication of your abilities to perform a job. Am I right or am I right? Eh?

Not to get too "Tree-huggerish" but major corporations try to proselytize people into accepting their BS philosophies even though they couldn't care less about the person, (Wal-mart is a big offender here), control people's lives, and then pay them slave wages. Drug-testing is just part of this mass-brainwashing. Believe it or not, the government and the greedy, globalizing, businesses are not always right. Pyschologist have been saying for years, that all tests are inconclusive to the damaging effects of marijuana. Oh wait, let's not listen to someone with a doctrate degree and years of experience dealing with pyschoactives; instead let's listen to the guy who owns the textile factory with the lobbyist in Washingston.

Back me up here, Smash. :D

15. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Don't most fast food places drug test as well? I don't do any kind of illegal substances, but I will say that I'd have to be high to be able to smile while wearing a paper hat.

16. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    My suggestion would be, go see a doctor and get a legal prescription for THC. Tell 'em you have severe glaucoma or terminal cancer or something. Then you can smoke all the pot you want. It worked for a buddy of mine (unfortunately he just passed away from emphysema).

17. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Well, that doesn't sound like a very good trade off!

18. That's so lame.

I'm sure smoking pot doesn't adversely affect your 'pet supply selling ability'.

I mean, you don't go into work toasted, do you?

19. I went into work stoned like...twice, that was also when I first started.

And yea, most stores give an initial drug test when you apply for the job, then say that they will give random UA's, but never do. Well Petsmart actually stuck to its word, and now im screwed.

I guess I should just quit and work at guitar center. Don't think I have to worry about a drug test there:meh: