Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

why i called him tito

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by geezer316, Apr 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geezer316

geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    NEW HAVEN ,CT
    i accidently put in tito cause as i was writing that thread i was joking w/my roomie on how he was dressed like one of the many jackson brothers(even victors brother had a jackson like hat on)and by mistake put in tito wooten insted of victor,so now all you bass guru's who know everything there is about basses and their endless players, will understand my mistake. its hard to live up to the high standards that so many of my fellow TB'ers set,maybe if we spent a little more time actually playing as opposed to nit-picking someone else's mistakes we(myself included) would actually be one of the bass players that other professional players are compaired to insted of a wanna be bass player that plays the coffee house scene or one of the local gin mills.so i will from now on be more careful with my threads ,i sometimes forget i am in the presence of true bass greats
    my humble appologies and sorrow to everyone affected by my imbecillic mistake,may i suffer a thousend deaths in the shadow of your true perfection:bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

2. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

<-------------------- Tito Wooten Rules!!

3. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    On a board with 30,000 members, it's easy to figure out that players of all races, creeds, and colors post here. Some of them may have seen the "Tito" remark as insulting. What may be funny to you may not be funny to them.

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yeah I thought you were making a joke and sort of slammin' vic at the same time. Not that I was offended.

Seriously though...you can't expect to call him Tito Wooten and have everyone pretend you didn't and carry on as if there's no mistake.

brad cook

5. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:
    Sorry to have poked fun at your expense. Did you really think a blatant typo like that would slip by unnoticed or uncommented on? That's what the Edit/Delete buttons are for.

What's up with the "know it all" and "wannabe bass player" comments and the sarcastic attitude? You know nothing about me or anyone else that posts here. I've been playing bass longer than you are old so don't proceed to tell me what I know or don't.

If you can't take some good natured ribbing by all us wannabees then grow up or grow a set :spit:

6. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Pretty much sums it up!

I'm over this whole subject not worth getting into a pissing contest which is what it'll turn into. Be careful who you joke with. :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

And who was insulted by the way?

PS:Try your spellcheck dude!

7. Wow I didnt know someone born in '71 could act like such a child. How could you have not expected flamage when you make a typo on one of the greatest bassist. And you didnt make a "tiny" mistake, you said TITO WOOTEN! And Since when were you compared to other professional bassist? Does Marcus Miller give you a call every night and discuss chords and Technique?

Like Grooveguru said, If you cant take some ribbing from people you will probably never meet, Grow a set.

8. geezer316

geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    NEW HAVEN ,CT
    if the shoe fits wear it,if you took offense to what i said it must of hit home,i am not the only one who has made a few observations here about sarchastic individuals, just the other day i was on another bass site and came across a thread about this perticular site to be exact and how "certain people come across,if you think you mite be one of the guilty parties you probably are.i may not know someones exact name or how to play a certain note, but this little diddy i know for sure if it was a face to face conversation the smooth little comments would not be flying, and to those who thought i was making fun of mr. wooten i was not,though i am sorry i made a mistake with his name it was not by all means on purpose,he is an awesome bass player in wich i would be lucky to one day emulate, if this thread has nothing to do with you please dont give it another thought,if it does well maybe you need to take a look at yourself and see why its so important to pick out someones mistakes and not only say it once,but post 1 or 2 more comments about it(you know who you are).and for the few who completly missed the boat on what the heck i was talking about, go back to school cause there's a whole lot u missed out on, poor little guy's i feel for ya's:bawl:

9. geezer316

geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    NEW HAVEN ,CT
    and as far as "growing a set" i believe thats how it was worded, AT LEAST MINE STILL WORK OLD MAN ! did i spell that right MR. GROOVEGURU ? grooveguru gimme a break DUDE!

10. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    "i may not know someones exact name or how to play a certain note, but this little diddy i know for sure if it was a face to face conversation the smooth little comments would not be flying, and to those who thought i was making fun of mr. wooten i was not,though i am sorry i made a mistake with his name it was not by all means on purpose,he is an awesome bass player in wich i would be lucky to one day emulate, if this thread has nothing to do with you please dont give it another thought,if it does well maybe you need to take a look at yourself and see why its so important to pick out someones mistakes and not only say it once,but post 1 or 2 more comments about it(you know who you are)."

DAMN!

That's a hell of a long sentence!

11. Theres quite a bit you missed out in the english department buddy. And lets just finish this here, Let by-gones be by-gones. You made a mistake, And we were wrong to Give you crap about it, But you in turn were also wrong in posting this thread insulting us. In the future, Use the Edit/delete tool to fix your spelling mistakes, And all this could be avoided. Ok? No more of this Back and forth insulting?

12. way_of_opiatism

way_of_opiatism 28d, 6h, 42m, 12 seconds

Feb 5, 2003
    Cobb!
    :bag:

free post :bag:

:) :)

13. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    TWOSIES!!

:bassist:

brad cook

14. geezer316

geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    NEW HAVEN ,CT
    my discription of the net is " a place for a the people who got picked on in high school, to come together and say things to people where otherwise would of gotten the stuffing slapped out of them. you know at first i really thought you were sincere but then i re-read it ,and its just a little show for the moderator's,you act like you were trying to clean things up,then slip in a little dig about my english.

15. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Somebody close this thread!

16. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    You've been reported by the way!

17. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX

I haven't really been in on this debate but I have 3 comments about your post:

1. You titled your post something about getting one more in - logic says that is in fact what YOU are doing as well..getting one more in.

2. Your description of the net probably does describe a small percentage of net users but is entirely innaccurate regarding 100% of net users. It has a variety of users including business people, educators/students, hobbyists, people who get off on pics of women in lumberjack outfits spanking otters, etc...

3. Lastly, if your perception of people on the internet holds true then that would logically include yourself. Perhaps your view of others is skewed by your own situation.

In the spirit of open-mindedness and intellectual debate I'd like to end this post by saying :spit:.

brad cook

18. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

I have only one more thing to say, [​IMG]

19. ConU

ConU

Mar 5, 2003
    La Belle Province
    who told?!:mad: :D

20. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000