1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

why i love talkbass

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by basskopf, May 2, 2010.

1. well guys, i am new to effects. never thought much about them until the last few weeks, decided i had better look into it.

i am into my 70's rock period right now. joe walsh, cream, etc. among others. so i thought the best place to start with pedals would be with distortion or overdrive.

so starting searching through the talkbass threads and got lots of ideas. t-rex, markbass distorsore, boss, etc. then hit on the fulltone bass drive with some strong recommendations here. also went to youtube, fantastic for checking out all the different sounds live.

decided that distortion was too much for me, just want a more subtle overdrive. settled on the fulltone, it arrived on friday.

built like a tank, solid as could be. cranked the overdrive almost all the way up, vintage toggle on, mosfet engaged, booster on. big fat wooly sound, no loss of the lows whatsoever. fuzzy, but not outrageously distorted. i love this pedal, it sounds so bloody cool. can't stop playing!

thanks again to the talkbass brotherhood/sisterhood, another line drive to center field! rock on guys!

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    And there you go. I've been back and forth with od/dist., and back again with a trusty old friend from EBS. I've got a Fulltone mosfet I'm not sure what to do with.