Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Why I love the effects forum at TB

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TaySte_2000, May 23, 2005.

1. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Over the past couple of months I have been working really hard on getting my pedalboard complete. I just have to say thanks to DavidMWilson, Tecx, Musique Fann, Blisshead and Toasted.

Whith everything I have bought off these guys I have been able to create my dream board, and Alex (Tecx) and Dave have been mega helpful in my quest for tone.

I purchased
    Crowther Prunes & Custard - Tecx
    MXR Bass Auto Q - Blisshead
    Guyatone BR-2 Bottom Wah Rocker - Musique Fann
    and finally what Dave sent me, Boss Daisy Chain Power Cable, MXR Bass DI, Dunlop Power Brick and another pedal I have since sold on.

And Both dave and alex have answered my endless questions and Dave has even traded soundclips with me.

Dave helped me buy my EBS Compressor, gave me plenty of advice on filters
    Alex helped me find the perfect fuzz and not get rid of my French Toast, told me about pedals that I had no idea about and told me to try a Robotalk Filter pedal.
    Toasted convinced me to keep certain pedals that I'm so glad I didn't sell now

All these guy have sent me my pedals mega quickly, all packed really really well.

So thanks guys, all of you effect forumites, you're all ace, and any questions I can answer for you guys shoot away.

Oh and here is my pedalboard, all packed neatly on a pedaltrain pro hope you guys like it.

Attached Files:

2. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Oh steve, did you have to block out your best super-secret pedal with that lense flare? hehehe :D!

3. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    I wish, shiny shiny pedals

4. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    The Secret Pedal is the one that keeps his guitar players from sucking...

that's why it's blanked out...

5. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Yeah its a mute switch for other players

6. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    ha ha...nice setup bro. how much are those guitar player mute pedals? Can you mute their voice when they're yapping too much? I'll pay top $$. This forum rocks!!:bassist:
    I have also learned alot, gotten tons of advice, and tried alot of pedals i wouldn't have known about...thanks to TB. I've only bought 1 pedal off TB, but it was an amazing transaction. Sooooo much better than the bay. :D

7. Bloody hell mate that's a sweet setup! How's the MXR auto Q working out for you? I'm contemplating trading my Q-tron for one......

8. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    It's wonderful way way better than any q-tron whether mini, normal or the plus. I tried next to every filter I could get my hands on and its awesome. Has quite a unique sound due to the shimmer you blend in, very very good.

One major point is it has a volume control which may sound like a little thing but you have a look out there for filters with volume knobs there isn't many.

9. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001