1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Why is a single 2x10 all of a sudden working (for me) as a stand alone cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mark Andrew, Oct 2, 2018.

1. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Apr 9, 2009
    A single 15" cab will sound more prominent than the 210 when paired together. A single 210 will sound more clear then both combined.

2. glennreid

glennreid

Aug 14, 2017
    fort worth
    Yes I'm afraid I've rediscovered my Carvin 210 by putting it on the floor and not on a stand coupling it to the floor made it a completely different cabinet and I'm afraid I'm in love with it again especially with my SWR 350. Damn shame too. I was getting ready to buy a new amp and I still think I will something lighter than the SWR

3. So it took a while but my amp tech Tinkers in pedals and looked at a few of the pubically available schematics. He offered to knock one up and possibly offer it to his clients if it works well. So I have it on trial now. The prototype is a little cumbersome but is foot switchable with true bypass and input and output is adjustable as well as the HPF from 20 -100hz we shall see..... ;)

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021