Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Why is dude selling avatars for so much?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by waytoodeep03, Aug 19, 2005.

1. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Wow....that's a serious markup!!! :eek:

You're right, only a fool would pay that much for Avatars :scowl: .....sure they're worth the money, but if you can get 'em directly from the factory........

2. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Have you looked at the exchange rate?

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    A b212 neo on that site would cost 100 dollars more (converted to US at current rates) than buying straight from Dave at Avatar

4. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Considering Dave doesn't ship outside the US, what else can you do?

5. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Actually, based largely on demand here on TalkBass, Dave has 2 distributors outside the U.S. now. They're listed on the website:

www.avatarspeakers.com

6. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    ..and the link in the original post was one of them.

7. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Correct....just pointing out that the site had the int'l distributor info

8. Ouch, its good to be in the USA. Did anyone notice the US price of the B410 Neo went up around $30 at some point?

9. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA

Cool, I wasn't diggin' on ya. Just frustrated that such a great bargain doesn't work out so well up here. :(

10. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    Tons of kayaking in Canada too. Sign me up. Why does this remind me of that scene in French Kiss at the Candian embassy (um, yeah, I watched a Meg Ryan movie once). Seriously. One question though...is the search for that girl in Aruba still getting media coverage up there? If not, I'll start packing my bags.

11. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    One more question...when "getting your things together" is it better to roll t-shirts or fold them? :D

12. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
    definitly roll.. more room.. and that rich girl was sold as a slave :(.. really kinda sucks.. but that **** goes on every day over there.

13. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    hey man, if you are knocking Canada please dont.

14. I emailed the Dutch distributor ( http://www.gear4music.nl/ )for Avatar how much the B212 is in Holland and it turns out to be 499,- euro's + 20,- shipping costs to my house. Now i know taxes are high here (19%) and shipping to Holland also costs something but this is ridicilous. It still makes Avatar competitive in the market tough: Ampeg svt 115 is also 499,- Eden D210 xst is 999,-, Nemesis 410 is 529,-.

15. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    I don't think you understook my posts at all.