Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Why is everybody selling their Sadowsky??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Limo, Oct 30, 2002.

1. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    I think Sadowsky's are great but it seems that a lot of people are selling theirs, what's up with that??

2. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Long answer:

People like what they like.
    People change their minds
    People develop other needs.
    People need funds for other things.

If you look, you'll probably notice that people are selling just about everything. That's what people do. I doubt it's any reflection on Sadowskys. OTOH it could be.

Short answer:

Beats me... could be a lot of things;)

3. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Hi!

I didn't notice alot for sale lately. I'm always looking for basses. Let me know when some come available. They really hold their value.

Rob

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    yeah...I've noticed that there are a lot of Toyotas and Hondas for sale too...what's wrong with those?
    ;)

brad cook

5. j.s.basuki

j.s.basuki Supporting Member

May 14, 2000
    asia/australia
    Nooo! Not me, in fact I have another one under construction.;)

6. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    I noticed lots for sale in the last three days or so....there were probably five on Bassgear.com alone yesterday or the day before. Quite a change from when you couldn't find one at all. The prices being asked aren't really anything special, though.

7. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Define : "a lot of people" !!

5 - 10 - 100s ?

8. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    What Mike C. said. I've seen several on eBay and Bassgear.com recently.

9. Bruce Lindfield

Yeah but 5 people is clearly not the "everybody", which the title of this thread states!!

10. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Did that really bother you? Trust me, as a veteran of the TB semantics war, it ain't worth the trouble.

;)

11. Bruce Lindfield

I'm not bothered - hey maybe it's a tactic to push down the price of Sadowsky's ? ;)

I can go with that - if we all started panicking people on every bass message board on the net - then maybe we could get the price dropping like a stone and buy up those "cheapies"? :)

No - you're right - Limo - keep up the good work!

Get the price down below £1,000 for a 5-string in the UK and I'll be there!!

(Off to start a thread on Bass.nl - "Have you heard on TB that everybody's selling their Sadowskys as fast as possible - they self-destruct in 2003" )

12. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    I think that the economy has a great deal to do with a lot of the gear being sold recently. I've had a pretty rough year so far with the number of layoffs that I've gone through (3) in the telecommunications industry. I'm come to realize that I'm really blessed to own some of the quality low-rent gear that I have. ;)

A stable of custom made basses would not have been around any longer under the conditions that I have been forced to endure. As it stands, I managed to hold on to the gear that I had acquired. Things are now looking up for me but I had to take a massive pay cut just to stay afloat. :(

13. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    I hear you, Charles. In the contest between high end gear and shelter, shelter usually wins.

14. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md

15. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    Tell you what Brad, this low end gear/shelter contest that I was waging almost went the way of shelter! If I'd had to wait a few more weeks before suitable employment, this stuff that I have would have been gone! Let's hope that things change for the better and maybe I can get me one of those Sadowsky beauties down the road. Now, let me go and earn some dollars! :D ;)

16. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    If you angle the bass against the tree just right, you CAN actually live under it.

17. I've heard of my home referred to as a "low end gear shelter".

18. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    Man, EVERYTHING compared to YOUR gear is LOW END.

You know you're the ****. Steamin hot.

19. Joelc73

Joelc73 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    Take a look at Bassgear.com; this is truer than ever. There are a couple of really good Sadowsky deals to be had out there.

20. Yeah, except a couple of the Sadowskys there belong to a dealer.