Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Why is it always in Florida?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Brendan, Mar 20, 2004.

1. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    http://www.local6.com/news/2921701/detail.html

Police in Jacksonville, Fla., arrested a man who believed he was a 'vampire slayer' after he allegedly shot his Domino's Pizza co-worker twice in the face because he thought he was a vampire, according to Local 6 News.

Timothy White, 35, who was described by friends as a born-again Christian with an unusual preoccupation with zombies and vampires, was arrested outside of a church after Friday's shooting.

Witnesses said he walked into the pizza shop on Normandy Boulevard and allegedly said David Harrison looked like a vampire. He then allegedly shot Harrison in the face and stomach.

Police said White was heavily armed with a knife, a sawed-off shotgun and three pistols when he was taken into custody.

Harrison is listed in critical condition at a local hospital.

A grief counselor was brought in to help Domino's employees.

White remains in the Duval County Jail Monday.

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    The heat and humidity? The elderly drivers? Disney? Hey Gard, why are you guys always going wacko about vampires and satan etc. down there?

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I don't know. All of the above. Every joke made about Florida, it deserves, and then some. Which is why I moved 3000 miles away from it. If I spoke any other languages, I would have gone farther.

4. Florida=the Septic tank of America.

5. A stand-up comedian once called Florida "the second chance state" because of its high rate of released felons in the state. This further proves that statement, in some small way.

6. ::insert chad joke here::

7. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Florida sucks. Worst roads evar... in orlando atleast.

8. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I thought it was america's crusty unused dong

edit: And yes I'm referring to space travel

9. Maybe his Sarah-Michelle Gellar obsession went a little too far?

10. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    It sounds much more like a mental illness in this case.

Any more borderline obcenity and I close this one.

11. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    define "borderline-obscenity"

I once was in florida, met a very nice Shiite family...

12. I honestly can't think of many things about florida that is positive.

Don't get me wrong, I like visiting the place. Loved both times I've been there. But of all the people that I know that are from there, I respect about 1% of them. There's the retirement area that's quiet....then there's everything else. Hyper redneck. Defines the south pretty much. Proud of their unrefined ways. Nothing wrong with that. Just not attractive to me.

Too bad, I loved the warm waters. Prettier than cali to me. Cali seems like another country. Not a good thing.

13. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Heck, you'll see no argument here, Tufnuts. If there's one thing that's good about Florida, it's Bass Central.

That's it. Period. Ask anyone from Florida, they'd probably agree with you.

14. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    OK, profanity, "crusty unused dong" is pretty close.

Not in my book, but for US-American standards, which apply here in this forum.

15. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    Wait a sec- the article says he got shot twice in the face, and then later says once in the face and once in the stomach. Which is it?

And you guys are missing the most important thing- the guy lives, after having been shot in the face! He probably caught the bullet with his teeth.

16. Wasn't Jaco from FL?

17. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    You'd have thought the guy would have aimed for the heart or stabbed him up with a stake or something if he thought he was a vampire. Probably just didn't like the guy, thought he'd shoot him up and make up some crackpot story :D

18. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    didn't FL start out as a prison colony :confused:

Oh wait, that was GA :p never mind

19. But, Georgia IS right above Florida. I think it's safe to assume that Florida was a popular escape location back then. :)

20. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Nope, man that was some mean slight of hand those Floridian jailbirds pulled off, switching states like that.