1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Why is it always in Florida?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Brendan, Mar 20, 2004.

1. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    OOOH! Florida is also home:

Limp Bizkit (Jacksonville)
    Yellowcard (Jacksonville, Gainesville)
    New Found Glory (Ft. Lauderdale)
    Marilyn Manson (Ft. Lauderdale)
    Dashboard Confessional (Ft. Lauderdale/Miami)
    Back Street Boys.. or was it N*sync... or 98 degrees? (Orlando)

Oh yeah, Tom Petty (Gainesville) and Poison the Well (Hialeah/Miami) too. Thank god we're not completely hopeless.

Peace
    Nick

2. Brendan

Brendan Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I blame Florida.

For what, you ask?

I just shake my head and say "yes."

3. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Plus, some of the best and most enduring death metal bands such as Morbid Angel, Cannibal Corpse, Malevolent Creation, and others.

Back Street Boys, N'Sync and O-Town ALL got their start in Orlando.

The Allman Brothers got their start in Jacksonville.

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

Hung, indeed. Well.

5. Generican

Generican

Aug 30, 2003
    Hampton, VA
    I lived in orlando for 7 years and boca raton for 4, and i can tell you its about a million times better than living in virginia!

Central florida is not the south, but southern florida is cuba.
    My high school had a huge difference in race, but there were no cliques, and everyone got along. asians, blacks, hispanics it didnt matter. Here in Virginia, you cant go one day without seeing some rusted old truck with the confederate flag pasted all over it, or a personalized license plate like "black 1"
    or "blkprid", just the other day i saw a license plate that said "whitpwr"!!

And not all floridians are senior citizens, but if you stop in the right places, there are small communities completely composed of the elderly. I went to a supermarket at one and a guy in his seventies was bagging my groceries :D

It does suck to drive there during the vacation season, thousands of people on the road driving in circles because theyre using a map of the city they got from burger king :meh:

But i understand some people post when they have no clue what theyre talking about. At least florida didnt vote in a governor based on his experience in fighting machines bent on making the human race extinct. :cool:

6. Visirale

Visirale

Mar 23, 2003
    Orlando
    I love where I live. I'm about 45 miles outside Orlando. Out of the range of annoying tourists, and still far away from hicksville.

I've travelled a lot, and pretty much the only other place I'd consider living is Hawaii.

I'd say seniors are a minority where I live. In our county we have about 7 high schools, all with 2800-3500 students. We're also one of the best music districts in the state...

I personally love it here. To each his own I suppose.

7. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    No, Florida's governer was based on his experience in fighting machines bent on making education extinct.

8. Hmm...

...upsides:

Dave LaRue: Ocala
    Beaver Felton: Orlando
    Alex Webster: Tampa
    Jeff Berlin: Clearwater
    Bass Central: Orlando
    Close enough to Atlanta to drive up for GTGs
    Brendan doesn't live here anymore

:bag:

...downsides:

Too many retirees in the winter (#$^@$%& snowbirds)
    Weather SUCKS in the summer (but winter here....well, we don't HAVE winter! :D)
    Too many transplants, not enough "native" or "semi-native" (I qualify as a semi-native) Floridians

9. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I still hate you.

10. ...my work here is done...

:ninja:

11. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    You know, people, this is why I moved 3000 miles away from that state.

12. If he was "allegedly" a vampire. Why would he be working at a pizza shop. Garlic, hello?

13. AltIII

AltIII

Sep 3, 2002
    there are many versions of vampires. Not all of them are repelled by garlic. Espescially the ones that are really obsessive goths with little or no life. I mean, if you have no life, you might as well pretend to be an undead creature. Speaking of vampires, anyone else catch that new show on Sci-Fi channel, Mad Mad House. All the Alts (no relation) seem pretty cool and into thier lifestyle for more than the image except the "real" vampire. He just seems like an uber-goth geek who got into LARPing a little too much. Avocado seems like a cool guy to hang out with. But you know, being a naturist, he can hang out all by himself.

14. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
  15. Some of the game fishing here in australia ain'ts too shabby either (nth Queensland).