Why is it so hard for me to pick out an envelope filter??

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by superbassman2000, Apr 12, 2004.

1. well, the title pretty much says it, and i know that people have been talking about it for a while on talkbass, but i'm looking for a good pedal that can do a good envelope filter controlled by a pedal (ok fine, a wah pedal) but can also do an envelope filter without being controlled by a pedal. i know boss makes a pedal like that, but nobody's said anything about it. i really like the alesis philtre and dod fx25, but they can't be controlled with a pedal (i think).
    Has talkbass ever done something like bass player mag has done, like the shootouts they have, and have like a thread that compares a whole bunch of envelope filter for idiots like me who can't ever make up their mind?

Thanks, Charlie
  2. DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Dunlop 105Q might do what you want, you get a volume knob and a "Q" knob with it and you can get a decent filter sound from it.
  3. dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    From the sounds of it I would recomend having a look at a Moogerfooger if you can. I seem to remember that they have the option of using an expression pedal to trigger the filter.

Lot's of good information here.

I'm dubious as to whether this link will work. If not do a search on "best funk effect".

4. wingnutkj

Mar 27, 2003
  5. well, i really like the 105Q, but i was looking for a pedal that also could do an autowah kinda thing, and being able to switch between the pedal and automatic.

6. dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    My Boss gt6b does this, but that might be a little overkill. I'm assuming that the bossme50 does it too.in addition to the wah sounds your given you can customise and make your own. set it between wah/ touchwah/ auto.

I know that the line 6 filter modeller has an expression pedal output so that could probably do the same job- and it gives you better filters than any Boss pedal out there.
  7. Baofu

Mar 8, 2003
    Lovetone Meatball... Pricy, but oh man.....

I can't really say I like the DOD FX-25, but maybe also check out the Electro-Harmonix Bass-Balls if money is an issue.