1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Why is the HBE Hematoma named after the bruising that is symptomatic of internal blee

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by RCCollins, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Duuuuuuurr - call me slow but I just got the inside joke of the HBE Hematoma's name - why don't they describe the function of the switch more specifically? Ya think it'd help them sell more pedals!

2. I don't get it care to share??

3. Let's make a game out of it, shall we?

Doctors, nurses, medical technologists, clinic volunteers and anyone employed at a hospital or medical college are not eligible for the no-prize in this contest.

"Why is the HBE Hematoma named after the bruising that is symptomatic of internal bleeding?"

here is your hint, from the instructions/description: "EQ Shift changes the sweep of the tone control and provides a warmer smoother tone when engaged."

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    If somebody throws it at you really hard, it can cause internal bleeding?

5. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    I think you may be reading too much into this RC. ;)

I always figured it was just a way of saying it was a bass overdrive that would punish your audience.

6. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    OlyWA...
    Yeah like all those DOD pedals in the 90's like the Deathmetal, Meatbox, Buzzbox, Punkifier, Grunge ect that had all those silly names for all the controls.

7. I dunno dude... do you see where I'm going with this or not? Because you may be surprised, it's pretty good

Another hint: I'm making some clips for waveform analysis after i eat

Mmmm... meatbox!

In fact, the punkifier DOES transform you from a poseur into a real punk. Now get off my lawn.

8. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Yeah, I believe I do. :D

9. so between you and me, do you think i'm WRONG per se, or do you just think i picked the wrong day to quit eating mushrooms?

another hint, it helps to know something about the history of the "tubescreamer"

10. It engages mid boost, increasing punch/forcefulness in your tone, which may cause figurative physical harm to your internal organs?

11. no biters, eh?

somebody smack me if I'm wrong, but this switch appears to not only be an EQ shift but actually also an asymmetrical/symmetrical clipping mode switch.

When activated it shifts downward in frequency but also smoothens considerably. Can somebody recommend a good app for graphing waveforms so I can confirm this?

The "point" of the thread is/was that hematomas are classified in diagnosis as being either symmetrical or asymmetrical.

12. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    Subscribed, but not getting it....

13. tomhanzo

tomhanzo

Apr 20, 2008
    West Virginia
    Lol I am a med student and didnt even get that:smug:.
    What do you do for a living RC?

14. i am a translator and english teacher by trade. i did teach english at a medical college in italy for six years though

15. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    OlyWA...
    Peak by BIAS has pretty good waveforms but I don't know if it is the type you need, great mastering program though, I've used it for a long time.

I thought your point was actually from a different angle like having part of the signal feedback upon it's self i.e. bleeding internally.