Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Why is the V4BH so expensive?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Circus, Sep 25, 2003.

1. Well, went to Long and Mcquaide today, and tried a mesa 400+, and thought it was pretty good, but wanna try out the svt-CL and V4BH again. Actually, it was one of the guys who works there that is a religous ampeg fan. But why is the V4BH so expensive? it only has 4 6L6 tubes for power, and its still barely under 2 grand canadian. the mesa 400 was 2135, and a svt-CL, which is 200 watts more than the v4bh, is like 2100. Why is the V4BH so expensive? The guy said that if he was buying a new amp right now, he'd get a v4bh and a 6x10 cab.

2. Headroom

Headroom

Apr 5, 2002
    Here in the States "Musician's Friend" sells the V4BH for $800 USD, which is aprox $1080 Canadian dollars at today's exchange rate. I agree that $2,000 would be a real hosing, eh.

3. StarchMan

StarchMan

Jul 30, 2003
    I only paid like 1260 taxes included for my V4BH.
    Also, about the exchange rate, canadians don't look into that much anymore. I got mine when the exchange rate was I think 39% and right now it's around 31%, but they'll STILL charge you the same amount. Fackin' wankers.
    Dude wanted $1299 for it and I almost choked.

4. WOOFMAN

WOOFMAN

Mar 12, 2003
    USA, PNW
    That guy should have his took slapped off! He's overpriced and perhaps trying to sell you something you don't need( a 6x10 ).

5. Yeah, I misread the pricetage, I posted this like a month ago, it clearly says 1200, a much more reasonable price, now we can let this thread die :)

6. WOOFMAN

WOOFMAN

Mar 12, 2003
    USA, PNW
    go get that puppy!

7. Hey Circus,
    Long & McQuade Calgary had a used SWR SM400S for $625 CDN for sale about 2 weeks ago, the last time I was down there. You should see if L&M Edmonton can get you that head brought up to Edmonton if it is still there, talk to Joel or John at L&M Edmonton, it's a GREAT deal and a KILLER head. Ask (almost) anyone here on TB, not many bad things said about the SM400S. Just my .02, but if you can snag it I would recommend you go for it, it`s a great unit that will last you a long time, and sounds great.
    P.S.- I read your earlier post about your BXR deal you had pending, and all I have to say is remember this: Lillo`s = BAD

8. Yeah, I actually picked up the new yorkville xs400 head, and a yorkville xc410 cab from L&M on tuesday, its a good rig. Joel actually helped me and suggested it, he's a good guy. Thnx for all the help though!

9. I got my 400+ at Mother's, Edmonton.

Nice to know there's more than 1 bassist from the area, LOL.

10. Yeah I know, what william shatner says about canadian actors also applies to edmonton and area bassists, there aren't that many of them!