Why is the V4BH so expensive?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Circus, Sep 25, 2003.

1. Well, went to Long and Mcquaide today, and tried a mesa 400+, and thought it was pretty good, but wanna try out the svt-CL and V4BH again. Actually, it was one of the guys who works there that is a religous ampeg fan. But why is the V4BH so expensive? it only has 4 6L6 tubes for power, and its still barely under 2 grand canadian. the mesa 400 was 2135, and a svt-CL, which is 200 watts more than the v4bh, is like 2100. Why is the V4BH so expensive? The guy said that if he was buying a new amp right now, he'd get a v4bh and a 6x10 cab.
  2. Headroom

Apr 5, 2002
    Here in the States "Musician's Friend" sells the V4BH for $800 USD, which is aprox $1080 Canadian dollars at today's exchange rate. I agree that $2,000 would be a real hosing, eh.
  3. StarchMan

Jul 30, 2003
    I only paid like 1260 taxes included for my V4BH.
    Also, about the exchange rate, canadians don't look into that much anymore. I got mine when the exchange rate was I think 39% and right now it's around 31%, but they'll STILL charge you the same amount. Fackin' wankers.
    Dude wanted $1299 for it and I almost choked.

Mar 12, 2003
    USA, PNW
    That guy should have his took slapped off! He's overpriced and perhaps trying to sell you something you don't need( a 6x10 ).
  5. Yeah, I misread the pricetage, I posted this like a month ago, it clearly says 1200, a much more reasonable price, now we can let this thread die :)

Mar 12, 2003
    USA, PNW
    go get that puppy!
  7. Rod Harder

Rod Harder Supporting Member

Hey Circus,
    Long & McQuade Calgary had a used SWR SM400S for $625 CDN for sale about 2 weeks ago, the last time I was down there. You should see if L&M Edmonton can get you that head brought up to Edmonton if it is still there, talk to Joel or John at L&M Edmonton, it's a GREAT deal and a KILLER head. Ask (almost) anyone here on TB, not many bad things said about the SM400S. Just my .02, but if you can snag it I would recommend you go for it, it`s a great unit that will last you a long time, and sounds great.
    P.S.- I read your earlier post about your BXR deal you had pending, and all I have to say is remember this: Lillo`s = BAD
  8. Yeah, I actually picked up the new yorkville xs400 head, and a yorkville xc410 cab from L&M on tuesday, its a good rig. Joel actually helped me and suggested it, he's a good guy. Thnx for all the help though!
  9. I got my 400+ at Mother's, Edmonton.

Nice to know there's more than 1 bassist from the area, LOL.
  10. Yeah I know, what william shatner says about canadian actors also applies to edmonton and area bassists, there aren't that many of them!