Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Why is there a column called Ask Mike Watt

Discussion in 'Ask Mike Watt [Archived]' started by Luckydog, Dec 25, 2005.

1. Luckydog

Luckydog Supporting Member

Dec 25, 1999
    if the last post from him is March 2005?

2. Have some patience, will ya? I believe the guy actually plays professionally...
    :)

3. Luckydog

Luckydog Supporting Member

Dec 25, 1999
    yeah, I know he works. So do I. My question has more to do with why talkbass has a dedicated column for Mike. Nothing to do with dissing him; I just wonder why a column is dedicated to him if he doesn't have time to participate. There are plenty of artists who participate actively in forums (fora), and also maintain a very active tour and recording schedule. After all, it is called "Ask Mike Watt", not a column necessarily "about" him.

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I think he got bored of it... when he was actually here... nothing was going on. His forum was dead and his questions were all the same.

5. There ought to be a forum called "Ask Matt Till."

It'd be reallllllly good.

You up for it, Matty?

6. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

As long as you don't expect to get any (meaningful) answers!! ;)

7. tanuki

tanuki Bass Minotaur

Dec 13, 2004
    bristol, england
    Watt does dig the talkbass forum, he seems to have been on tour forever so thats probably it..

When he toured here last year (first time in 10 years + ) i found out too late and the only show i could get to was sold out, after trying everything to get a ticket i ended up calling up the venue he was playing the night before and asking for Watt, he got on the line and i said i was on the talkbass thing and had been really trying to get in etc and he put me on the guest list before i got a chance to ask!

the show was awesome, i chatted with watt afterwards and he was really genuine and friendly, the guys in the band were cool too, i helped carry a bit of equipment to pay my way and gave the drummer some weed.. i read something in the tour diary later on about watt getting pretty battered off the drummers weed.. i dont think he knew it came from me :)

im sure watt will post again but ****, if you check the hootpage you can see how busy he is!

By the way, if you do go to a mike watt show, try not to miss the last train home, it gets pretty cold!!!

8. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

If you want to know things like "What toothpaste do you use?" or "What cars don't you own?" or "How do you do?"

There was a brief period that there was an "Ask Matt Till" thread. It went pretty well... never inspired a forum. :meh:

9. Kronos

Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    Read the article about him in this month's Bass Guitar. He does about 150 shows a year between a bunch of bands. That's almost a show every other night. Imagine having that tour schedule.

10. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Yeah I wish he would come back...as the band I'm in is playing a show with one of the meny bands he plays with..

11. Uprightboy

Uprightboy Burney

Jul 20, 2006
    West Memphis, Arkansas
    I wonder if anyone has given Mike a laptop with wireless internet service.
    _Burney

12. RichSnyder

RichSnyder Always groove.... Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Columbia, Md
    Can only dream...