Why is there never a Warwick F.N.A. dedicated thread ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by whitehouse, Jul 27, 2002.

1. it is so strange that when you hear Warwick, you hear Streamer or Thumb (and some corvettes) ..
    why is it that nobody playes the F.N.A. (Jazzman) ??

has anyone ever tried the F.N.A. ?
    and the F.N.A. Jazzman ??

strange .. strange ..
  2. I tried an FNA, I really liked it... Good tone and playability.... I would have bought it, but the price went up a couple hundred bucks overnight and I was like screw it.

3. 2 bad for you !!!
    that very pitty, that the Warwick prices outside Europe are so high !

you did not try the Jazzman ?
  4. But, they're not actually. Sure, if you want to buy a Warwick cheaper than anywhere else, you'd be smart to go to Germany, and you'd also have a huge selection of basses to choose from - both used and new, sometimes even "custom" or limited run, ones. But the prices in the rest of Europe, and indeed Sweden where there's no such thing as a distinction between list and street price, seems to be about the same as, or even higher than, the street price in the states.

I was just lucky to find my Streamer Stage One at about a grand under list price, and only because someone had made a huge scratch on the back of it. No big deal, but I got a great deal, selling my trade in for the same amount of money I bought it for. I guess I was just lucky, or the shop owner a bit thick. I don't complain, either way. :D
  5. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I used to own one. I liked it alot, but the need for a new rig forced me to sell it at the time.
  6. made an error there ..

the funny thing was ..
    1 year back I was in Berlin, and saw a very huge group youth overthere , with some bands from Sweden.. the all had Warwick amps !!!
  7. Cool. I've never seen, or heard, anyone playing through Warwick amps. Are they any good?
  8. they are VERY VERY warwick :D

I have an Sweet 15 , .. it's nice but no tweeter , .. made vor passive basses ...
    and since I bought a F.N.A. Jazzman 5 , I want to get rid of the Sweet15 .. but I don't think that I will buy a new Warwick amp ..
  9. Greetings from a dedicated FNA-fiend in the Southwestern American desert. My instrument is of the all-wenge neck-with-medium-frets variety and sports a nice tobacco sunburst finish on the grade A flamed maple top. While I do not work there, I understand that FNA's can be had for under $1000 US via www.thebassplace.com I just live near the store and can attest to what they have. I put a few crowning touches on mine, like Dunlop two-way straplocks for original Warwick vibe and all-strap functionality, and a Hipshot Bass Xtender key on the E-string to get to drop-D. I like to think of the instrument as a P-bass-meets-Sterling for the new millenium in terms of playability and tone. For many American bassists, that is an easy comparison to understand.
  10. s7on3d

Jun 26, 2002
    Ra'anana, Israel
    I've played the Streamer Jazzman, and it was AMAZING!!!! The FNA pickup gave the most AMAZING slap sound, and the diagnal Jazz pickup gives a warm bassy tone, it blew my mind. Everyone should try one!
  11. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
  12. virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    I've had an FNA 5 for almost 2 years now;mine has the Honey Violin finish on a gorgeous flamed maple top.I had an opportunity to trade it in for a newer FNA Jazzman 5 in Emerald Green,but I decided to keep mine because I really would only use the bridge PU anyway,and mine has a much nicer appearance and feel than the other one did.
    I love my FNA.
  13. I have that F.N.A. Jazzman 5 .. haven't found a bass that can be compared with the jazzman jet ..
  14. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    they have one at my local store.
    it hink i will try it out next time.
    but hopefully i will be getting a dolphin pro II.
    why doesn't any one play these?
    i can't find info on these basses at all.

15. oldirtymoney

oldirtymoney Banned

Jul 16, 2002
    california, carslbad
    i own a fna/ corvete proline model. its a custom