1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Why is there no Squier American Standard Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BrandenSteele, Feb 25, 2013.

1. BrandenSteele

BrandenSteele

Nov 25, 2012
    Canada
    I was curious and tried searching for one, but I found out they don't exist. Why isn't Fender making these?

2. No Squiers are made in the US. Or anywhere in the Americas. Are you looking for Squier analogues to the Fender AmStan models?

3. There could be an Amercia Standard Squier bass made in Indonesia....:bag:

4. eee

eee

Jan 17, 2009
    HAHAHAH
    Troll

5. If there were any American made Squiers, they would be almost as expensive as regular Fenders. What would be the point? Kinda defteats the entire Squier concept.

6. landau roof

landau roof Reupholstered User

Jul 29, 2010
    Downstate CA
    The only US Squiers I know of are '89-90 Strats from a transition period. I have one and it's great.

2011_0120StratPhotos0004.

But anyway, OP, your question is ridiculous.

7. looking at other posts OP is not a troll though.

8. FourtyOneHz

FourtyOneHz

Dec 16, 2012
    The Squier CVs are as close to an 'American Standard' as you are going to get.

Squiers are meant to be cheap which means they must be made where they can be made for as little as possible.

9. There should be a "Made in the USA" Squier bass as there are "Crafted in China" Fender basses. :meh:

10. southshoreconor

southshoreconor

Oct 30, 2007
    The Road
    Endorsing Artist: Fender Musical Instruments, SIT strings
    There should be an apple, just as there are oranges.

11. dougjwray

dougjwray

Jul 20, 2005
    In about 10 years, China will be the world's chief economic superpower, and bass players living in China will be saving money by buying cheap Squier "American Standard" basses made in that Third World country known as the United States.

:ninja:

12. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    Yeah, the early MIJ Squiers were outstanding instruments, too...

-georgestrings

13. rockscott

rockscott

Aug 28, 2010
    massachusetts
    I dont think we have 10 years! China will most likely get pissed off and put america on ebay!

14. Gord_oh

Gord_oh Midtown Guitars Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Michigan
    But you live in Canada, so why isn't Fender making Squier Canadian Standard Basses?

15. Itzayana

Itzayana

Aug 15, 2012
    Oakland Ca
    Why aren't YUGO's made in Detroit?

16. dougjwray

dougjwray

Jul 20, 2005
    True... and then we'll be bought by someone who lives in Dubai.

:) :meh: :( :bawl:

17. dabbler

dabbler

Aug 17, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Nice try, but, no. :D

If my memory serves me correctly, Fender created Squier in Japan, specifically to have an overseas factory making more affordable instruments. Funny thing is, soon the quality of the Squiers was so high, it was competing with American Fenders. So, first, they just stopped allowing Japanese Squiers from being sold in the US, and then they moved production elsewhere.

That's basically the history I remember reading somewhere. However, I have misremembered things before, so if something I said is untrue, blame it on my bad memory.

18. Nah, the economy's going to go through a worldwide collapse on the next 10 years. Money's about to get an overhaul in how we perceive it.

Either that, or those penguins in Antarctica will launch their mothership (currently buried under ALL that ice) and complete their quest for world domination.

Squier was a string company before Fender bought them. They reimagined the brand with the MIJs.

19. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    yar?

20. FourBanger

FourBanger

Sep 2, 2012
    SE Como
    Is it possible the OP was wondering why there is no longer a Standard series Squier bass, and including the term 'American' was a mistake or inadvertent?

That question would make a lot more sense.