1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

WHY?... JUST FRIGGIN TELL ME.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mike phillips, Aug 25, 2007.

1. why does the elderly drive in the fast lane? what am i missin here? was there a memo sent from aarp that i didnt get? every roadmaster and deville goin 15-25 mph under the speed limit is in the hammer lane. yes, one day, good lord willin i will be in the blue hair age bracket so this isnt an elderly bash. i just want to know what the point of this is. oh and by the way i aint heavy footed. i drive at the speed limit or 5-10 mph over dependin on how traffic is flowin. fast is left for the dragstrip on saturdays.

2. Supernova67

Supernova67

Jun 21, 2005
    Michigan
    Just to piss you off.

3. because back in their day the four lane highway hadent been invented, and thus, they dont know of the existance of a fast lane.

4. it happens here too, all the time

5. HollowBassman

HollowBassman

Jun 24, 2007
    Hancock, MD
    Can you blame them?
    They have nothing to lose, and get to laugh at how angry you get! Then they have a story to tell when they get to the barber shop.:)
    When I'm old, I'm gonna do everything I can to enjoy life and aggrevate the young people. (Under the guise that I'm tryng to help them build patience that will help them later in life!):D

6. Lol. nice.

7. Happen to me today too.

I was on my way into work moving at a pretty good clip. I wanted to hit Dunkin Donuts before work, so I was making up a little time on the highway. It's early Saturday morning traffic, so I'm actually doing pretty well.

I notice up ahead is my off ramp and in the right lane is a line of cars moving slowly. I was thinking I could pass him and make my exit, but it was a line of at least five cars to pass, so I get behind them and wait at the death crawl speed.

A couple of cars finely pull around him and pass, two of the cars I've passed, now pass me. As I take my exit (I'm actually increasing my speed on the off ramp) I get a glimpse of the lead car. An old guy in an enormous Lincoln. Classic, I think to myself. I'm a little frustrated, but couldn't help laughing.

I figured the guy is probably twice my age and has put up with twice the crap. He probably couldn't give two $hits. Either that or he's to blind to go any faster.

8. doctorjazz

doctorjazz

Oct 22, 2006
    Wilmington, NC
    Side note: Why do old people all seem to drive the same damn car? I swear to God, it's always either a Deville or a Town Car/Crown Vic/Grand Marquis.

9. Wasp

Wasp

Jun 26, 2007
    Sydney, Australia
    This is why they should make RPGs legal for mounting on cars.

Oh, and the stalk opposite the wiper one... that's called an indicator. People should try using it.

10. or anything by buick.

11. i once was rushing to work, like 90+ mph in the fast lane and i noticed one of those new VW Beetles tailgating me. So I start changing lanes because my exit is coming up and the Beetle passes me on the left, and I fully-expected to see some spoiled yuppie-spawn yapping away on a cell phone, but no, it was a total blue-haired carcass and her passenger, i swear they looked older than the speed they were travelling at, all wrinkled and dessicated, probably would have been about 5 feet tall, 85 lbs soaking wet. All scowling and concentrating on the road ahead of them, as if the highway was their lawn and all the other cars were kids trespassing on it.

12. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Because they just don't care. :scowl:

13. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike

Nov 18, 2005
    ha

a friend of mine drove his little save the planet car to the bank .

While in there an old blue hair backs her ford expedition into the front corner of his car pretty hard. His attention is brought to it and as he heads outside she pulls forward and back inti it again , she did this at least three times . He finally gets her to stop , calls her family AT HER REQUEST . she is confused and said she thought she was hitting a parking curb. When her daughter shows up my buddy asks why in the hell is her mom driving a big iron box of death around . The daughter said that her mom had a small car and they were afraid she wasn't safe in it . That's great ! let's give her a tank to drive around!

14. it's not the fast lane, it's the passing lane... which gives even more of a reason not to drive slow in that lane... when will people learn? :rollno:

15. why dont they get her an a1 abrahms.

16. BetterBottomEnd

BetterBottomEnd <- Not me I just like looking at her

Jan 9, 2007
    Cable Wi
    Australian English:
    Oh, and the stalk opposite the wiper one... that's called an indicator. People should try using it.

American English:
    Use your **** turn signals people.

17. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Be careful. They've mastered the bird. The bird as it is first learned by this young whipper-snapper involves some convoluted bending and curling by the middle fingers neighboring digits.
    [​IMG]

The old man however had perfected the extension of the bird. No special dainty digit curl, it's straight up and in your face. No one can tell you to fornicate with yourself as well as an old man. They are masters, and they are to be respected.
    Picture014.

18. hbarcat

hbarcat Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois

That's the funniest post I've read all week!

:p :p :p :p :p

19. Embryodead

Embryodead Banned

Nov 30, 2005
    Providence, RI
    in before maki's infraction

20. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    My grandma said she did not like the other lanes since people were always merging on and off the freeway. She felt the fast lane had less traffic.

-Mike