Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Why Metallica....why?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by lil_bass_boy, Feb 7, 2003.

1. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
  2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA

3. no doubt Lars Ulrich will be claiming the whole idea is "to fark with the conventions of arena roaark" :rolleyes:

any news on the new bassist?
    last I read it was between Scott Reeder and Robert Trujilo.

4. Oh.. my.. AHAHAHAHA!

5. and;

"multi-talented frontman Fred Durst"

sorry, what??

6. ...ahahahahahaa!!!

7. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

I know who Robert Trujillo is, but who is Scott Reeder? I wanted it to be Michael Inez.

8. Hmm it may be that Metallica is losing some credability touring with Limp Bizkit, (personally i don't mind Linkin Park) but one thing is for sure, with those bands they are going to make a lot of money out of a tour like that.

9. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    they'll be touring woth mudvayne, too....

robert trujillo, eh? he's a pretty awesome bass player in my book...i love his playing with suicidal and infectious grooves

10. Boplicity

So who is Scott Reeder?

11. Boplicity

Anybody know? Is this tour going to be in arenas or stadiums or outdoor venues or what? I notice that nothing south of Orlando is booked. Coral Sky in West Palm Beach gets a lot of big tours, such as Ozzfest. The State Fair ground just behind it used to get the Lollapaloosa. I wonder if this tour is planning on attracting even bigger crowds and needs even more space, assuming anyone can afford the tickets which may be sky high.

12. I wonder what would happen if they gave Fred Durst a tampourine...............................

13. Scott Reeder joined Kyuss when Nick Oliveri (who later formed QOTSA with fellow ex-Kyuss member Josh Homme) left.
    you might remember him from an ad for the Ibanez ATK - he's left-handed.
    I remember reading in BP that he also auditioned for Tool, but lost out to Justin Chancellor.

also I read some interesting comments by Jason Newsted about David Ellefson after Megadeth broke up and rumours were circulating that he was joining Metallica.
    Newsted said that Ellefson was one of the best bassists in metal, without question, and he would always look up to him, but as for Metallica, he thought he wasn't the right person as regards the commercial pressure involved - "there are millions of dollars involved" and "I wouldn't wish it on him".......

14. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

...why not Rock(?)(once KILLER METAL!!!) tours??

15. PolkaHero

PolkaHero Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2002
    Michigan
    I heard it would be either Ellefson or Inez playing on the tour. Yippee!:rolleyes:

16. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    :Throws on some O'Jay's on Vinyl:

Money Money Money Money..... MooooooOOneeeey.

17. At least they are doing something with music again instead of sueing someone. :rolleyes:

18. I'm going to it.. no doubt.

From Mudvayne's mailing list: Metallica announced their Summer Sanitarium Tour today and MuDvAyNe will be on the bill along with Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park!

I actually like every band (or least some songs they do). But Mudvayne and Metallica.. :D That's awesome and something I cannot passup. My g/f even wants to go b/c she likes Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park. Just imagine Ryknow owning some Metallica songs. :D

19. Only

Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    Considering how Metallica usually mixes, it'd probably sound a lot like "..........."