Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Why My Girl is the best (aka: the b'day thread)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by James Hart, Mar 18, 2005.

1. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Well, yet another year is behind me. I turned 37 yesterday, quit my band after a year of treading water the other week.... I've been listening to some floyd this evening reflecting on my past and refocusing my future...

Anyway, My Girl and I decided to skip the gifts this year as she wants nothing to do with her birthday (She's turning 30 in May)...

Last year she bought me an Ibanez Destroyer to replace my first real bass, the one I sold in the 80s.
    The Year before... she bought me the Sunn Sceptre I sold to Sean (the 0x) this past summer

Well, she couldn't do it... :smug: She couldn't just not get me anything.

I'm sure most y'all have seen my gear.... if not, there are pictures in my sig link.

She took it upon herself to pick me a strap I'd not ever seen and if I had... I would have bought it on the spot :D

The Fender Deluxe Leather Tweed Strap

I love my Girl :smug: :bassist: :D

I'd been 1/2 looking for a 'nice' strap. I use a 25 year old basic black leather one I bought an Sam Ash in Paramus NJ and a brown nylon weave Levy I got 2 years ago. I had been watching some eBays for the tooled leather Levy ones and I'm still hoping/planning to pick up a Moody if'n Paul gets us TB branded ones.

2. Happy birthday... I don't really care for them either and I'm 20 :D....
    I've actually been looking for a comfortable strap, with a decent amount of cushion in such,.. I'm glad she got you one you like... Cheers again... :hyper: :bassist: :hyper:

3. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    happy birthday!

my girlfriend is pretty clueless when it comes to buying me bass stuff. i usually have to make her a list.

though, for x-mas she bought be the meguiars fender guitar care kit. which i didnt ask for and it rocks.

4. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    Mine has you beat. She bought me a Tacoma Thunderchief the other week, and it wasnt even my birthday! I came back from Philedelphia, and it was there waiting for me!

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Happy to-ya, James. My wife (both as my wife and when she was my girlfriend) has hased a ridiculous amount of gear for me-about half of what is in my gear profile she got for me, and we're not anywhere near wealthy-she's awesome.

6. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    For no reason I feel buying a strap is way harder then buying a bass. If a bass isn't exactly what you want you can Mod it or even sell it. A strap your stuck with for the rest of your life. Who's going to want a used strap?

7. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Happy belated b-day, you old codger!

Sweet deal on the strap... It will go fantastically with your Classic 400! You're a lucky man having a girl who's willing to surprise you with bass stuff. Mine will get it for me but I have to ask... Never a surprise. :meh:

8. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Used Comfort Strapps have always sold quickly here on TB. Those are the only kind that I've seen sell well, though.

9. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Thanks everyone! (just got in from a b'day get together at the in-laws)

Yeah, I dig my girl :smug: :hyper: Seems like a few of us here have gotten lucky :cool:

10. Honestly I think a girl buying bass stuff if one of the coolest things ever. It combines your love for bass with your love for women... in a way that won't get your girlfriend jealous and your bass messy.

11. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    aw, man...i can't believe i missed your birthday! :(

sorry, dude...

BTW.....HAPPY B-DAY!!!!!!
    :D ;)