Why no active/passive control

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Soundchaser11460, Nov 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi everyone I have a question maybe someone can answer.Why hasn't Fender ever incorporated an active/passive control on their MIA Deluxe Precision or Jazz basses.I really don't understand this,especially since the newer ones 2003 and after have all the oter upgrades,like 4 bolt neck and 18 volt battery.I mean G&L have them why not Fender? Thanks Joe
  2. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Why are you asking us this?
  3. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Ain't just Fender. Lots of companies don't offer passive as an option on active basses. The likely answer is that they don't believe there's enough demand for a passive option.
  4. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I mentioned the same thing on the EB/MM forum about the Stingray/Sterling and folks just about tore me a new one. The attitude there was that the Stingray comes with an easy access battery compartment, so changing it quickly should be no problem.
  5. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

True enough. But we all know that another reason for wanting passive mode is to have an array of passive tones.

Apparently the EB/MM philosophy is, "the preamp is our tone". And I can understand that. A passive option isn't that a big deal to me, but I like having it available. One non-insignificant reason I plunked down the scarole for a Sadowsky was the preamp bypass. I wanted vintage-style tones to go with the vintage look.
  6. Thanks fuzzbass and Dr.cheese,I appreciate your help on my question.Oh and my apologies to philbiker,I realize now my question contained to many words for you to grasp and I interupted your Dick and Jane reading time to have to answer my question,because it probobly almost made your brain explode.But I love this community and I believe if you ask a good Question or need experienced help we are all here for each other.But it seems like in life,there is always one of you out there.So ya better check the still Jethro I think the moonshines a burnin.
  7. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    How classy.
  8. Thanks NJL ."It takes class to know class".
  9. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Considering it's something that they offer on two basses (Marcus Miller & Reggie Hamilton sigs) it's something we'll see on regular basses in the future.

(Also, no need to get quite so testy.)
  10. Well..........that's sort of what people do on Forums....... :eyebrow:

Although all due respect to Philbiker, maybe this question should be directed to the Fender website "Contact Us" section.... I think that they'd be a little more knowlegable about this than we would. All we can do is speculate, and I think that's what "Phil"'s thinking...IMHO...
  11. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    +1 to gottawalk's comments about Philbiker's probable intent.

In any case I think you should review the TalkBass Rules & FAQ before you post again, particularly Rule #1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.