Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Why no profile?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by mchildree, May 7, 2001.

1. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    I imagine others have asked this, but why do so many of us here fail to put some info in your profile? It really makes carrying on a discussion with someone easier if you know a little bit about age, what types of music you like/play, gear, etc. If you don't want to add personal details like exact birthday or location, leave them out....but at least consider putting in enough that you're more than just a nickname.

2. gweimer

gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    I had my profile filled in, but it seems to have disappeared with the last upgrade.

3. yea, that bugs me when people ask what stuff they should buy and they give no info to help out.. oh well.. gotta keep that profile up-to-date! hehe

4. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    I know we all start to feel like we know each other, but we really don't. And there are lots of "lurkers" that we definately dont know who they are, so some anonymity isn't neccesarily a terrible thing. This is the Internet afterall.

5. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    Well, as I recall, there's nothing specific other than birthday in the profile form. You can just put down the year there. Limit "location" to just a general area. But gear, influences, etc... Why do we need to keep all that a secret?

6. theJello

theJello

Apr 12, 2000
    I agree mchildree!

7. I also agree...

and even if you put your exact birthday, what´s the worst thing that could happen? someone wish you a happy birthday? :rolleyes:

8. profiles are for hosers...