Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Why not have a thread for amp pictures??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Joris, Oct 16, 2000.

1. I couldn't find any threads that had pictures of amps in'em, so why not have one right now?

duh...

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

A. Because there are already three here already?

or alternatively:

A. Because they are just functional, ugly, black boxes and one looks very much like another - except for Joris's which is a work of art! ;)

3. reel big bassist

reel big bassist

Mar 27, 2000
    Maryland
    Yea I agree with bruce, this is getting really anoying.
    We don't need 3 threads on pictures of your amps.
    I don't think joris was serious about his thread though. I think his thread is pokin fun at how we have 3 threads on the same topic. I got that impression from the smiley face on his thread.

Now I'm curious. Why did people post 3, I'd like to know the reason. Did all of you do a search before you posted
    the topic? I'm not yelling or making fun of anyone, I'm
    just curious how this happnened.

We have a lot of different picture oriented threads, why don't we combine them into one, like "post pics of your rig."
    That way we can have pics of amps, basses, and cabinets in one thread.

Recently I was thinking of posting a thread like "pics of you in action." It would show pictures of us playin' with the band, or just jammin' out. I think that would be cool.
    It would be different enough from the other picture threads to justify creating it.

Bottom line: I think we should post a thread "Post pics of your rigs" so we can avoid all these little threads. Cause I can see it comming their will be a thread like "post pics of your cabs", so lets combine em' into one.

Sincerely,
    Greg P

4. Bruce Lindfield

So now we've got a fourth! :rolleyes:

5. Bruce Lindfield

Number 4

6. reel big bassist

reel big bassist

Mar 27, 2000
    Maryland
    Bruce,

I've given ideas on how to solve this problem.

Maybe White Knight could combine all the posts in these 4
    or so threads, and move them to "post pics of your rig." That way we could
    combine all the posts to a broader category. That would eliminate the need for seperate threads. i.e. pics of your head, pics of your cab, pics of your basses. If you want to just post
    a pic of your bass, that's fine, but it's good to have a broad topic.

Don't complain, if you don't do anything to solve the problem. Like the saying goes "If your not part of the solution your part of the problem."
    It just irrates me how you complain, but don't give any suggestions. What good does that do?

-Greg P

[Edited by reel big bassist on 10-16-2000 at 11:49 AM]

7. Bruce Lindfield

Who's complaining ? I was just trying to help the moderators or anyone else to find the threads and so if they do want to combine them it will be easier!

8. Ehm... Bruce, I said:

duh...

because I was joking. Why don't people search first before they start an obvious topic? Now we have to ramble about it. Takes a lot of time off the real basstalk.

Thanks anyway.......

9. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I like this idea.

10. White_Knight

White_Knight

Mar 19, 2000
    USA
    Hey guys, great idea! Unfortunately, I know of no way to combine threads at the moment. I'll e-mail Paul about it and see if there is a way, however. And thanks for the heads-up Bruce. I noticed that there seem to be a lot of picture threads but haven't come up with a way to combine them as of yet (though as I said above, I'll drop Paul a line). If any of you have any ideas or whatnot then don't hesitate to drop me a line as well.

11. White_Knight

White_Knight

Mar 19, 2000
    USA
    Ok, I've found three threads (excluding this one) to close and have made "Post Pics of your Amps" the main thread. If there are any more threads that I missed, drop me a line.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=6075

[Edited by White_Knight on 10-17-2000 at 03:11 PM]

12. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    hey joris.. thanks for the rude ass sarcasm...

13. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    nah.. sorry... that was being an *******... i didnt mean it to sound like that..... but.. i didnt see any pic threads so i didnt think there was any.. i still ahvent figured out all this talk bass stuff yet =oD.. sorry for being an ass on my last post..

14. No problemo. I hope you're thinking the same.

15. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Hey guys and girls,
    How'bout a threat posting pictures of your guitar straps!!!

cough, cough,....puke.......

16. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    lol.. i feel like a dumbass.. what aabout a post pics of your string winder? heh

17. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Post pictures of your picks!

Or if you don't use 'em(I don't!) post pictures of your fingers!

:D

18. whoa! great Idea!!! I'll post mine tonight!.. lol

-Willz