Why not on Sunday?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Brendan, May 30, 2004.

1. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Look, I don't ask for much. Burritos, a clean bathroom, some music I like, having fun with my friends. All things considered, this isn't much.

So, might I ask, how hard is it to get a package on Sunday? Or maybe do some banking?

FedEx, UPS, USPS, none deliver on sunday. Rain, shine, sleet, hail, they're on it. Sunday, "Oh, hell no."

I'm not even asking the unions to up and die. They're the reason we have reasonable wages, hours, and a weekend. All I'm asking is that someone drop off a package on sunday, or let me go deposit a check. Wouldn't someone be willing to take a couple days off in the week, like Tuesday and Wednesday instead of Sat/Sun?

Or a bank that keeps grocery store hours. Heck, that's when I end up needing to go to the bank. Or at the very least it where I'm shopping at. We manage to find people to man convience stores 24 hours a day, and work until 10pm in clothing stores...so why not a bank? Depositing a check at 9 pm is not unreasonable.

I don't think this is all that much to ask. I swear, if I ran a bank or a parcel service that delivered on Sundays/open past 5:30 pm I'd run everyone else out of buisness.

Anyone else smell a political platform here?
  2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    one of the 2 banks I use is open Sundays... only reason I opened an account. they're open 9-6 on Sat too. And at either... I just Mac deposit any hour of the day.

Can't buy a car here in Jersey today though.... dang blue laws!
  3. its those damn Baptists ::cough:: (oops did i just say that out loud)
    uhhh...no offence to anyone
  4. Yeah, my bank isn't open for the weekends.

That aggrivates me, as I get my paycheck Friday, and I work Friday night.
  5. HAHA! Yeah, you're pretty much right about that. It's one of the few religious things that has stuck around in some form.

It's number 4 of the 10 Commandments: Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

Granted, most people don't abide by it, but I'd be willing to bet they're glad they have the day off work.

If you need to do banking on a Sunday, use an ATM. Deposits and withdrawls may be made there as easily as with a cashier.

And as far as getting your package on Sunday... Stop being in such a hurry about everything; life's too short to worry about getting a package a day later. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the day. :)
  6. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    ...you're taking this much more seriously than I am.
  7. pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    can't buy beer neither.
  8. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Already bought mine. So HA! on that.
  9. pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    actually, here in florida its just until noon, but still....getting ready to watch the game, gotta wait 'til almost kick-off to get the suds.
  10. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Florida? Oh, you poor sod. I was on the Treasure Coast for 2 years, and will probably be back up in northern florida this time next year. :scowl:
  11. pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    northern florida's scary, its really southern alabama, culturally.
  12. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Oh, I'm familiar with redneckery. That's not an issue for me.
  13. don't tell me you know redneckery, you live in Oregon
    course then again you may have lived in the south at one time
    anyways, us Tennesseans have to deal with redneckery every time i walk out the door, not saying im not a redneck or anything
    Just go into one of our Wal-Marts and it will probably be enough for you to not see the south ever again..
  14. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Lived in a town of 110 people in Alaska, 60 miles from the nearest movie theater for 12 years. I know redneck.

Moved to a farming town of about 2,000 in Washington where a person's popularity was directly proportional to the distance off the ground your truck was. Racism was a hobby. I know redneck.

Lived in Florida. I know Redneck.

Trust me.
  15. man, i believe you
    town of 110....good lord
  16. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    I thought I knew redneckery, until a few summers ago, I found myself in a WalMart in S. Carolina. I saw things there that no yankee should ever have to see. I'd be willing to bet there were truly more mullets than teeth.
  17. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    yep, i lived in SC for about 19 years...my hometown just recently got a wal-mart, though...

i suppose that makes me a redneck? :D
  18. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    The Sabbath is Saturday.
  19. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Actually, if you want to try and say it is religious...

Sunday is the big Christian day of the week... But Biblicly(sp?), it is flawed.

The Bible states that you should "Remember the 7th (Sabbath) day and keep it Holy."

1. Sunday. 2. Monday. 3. Teusday. 4. Wednesday. 5. Thursday. 6. Friday. 7. SATURDAY.

So really, stuff should be closed on saturday.

Well... Sundown friday to Sundown saturday, actually.
  20. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Hehehe no offense to my origon buds here but oregon is um... how can i say this nicely... FULL OF THOSE REDNECKS they are not as bad as south but... they are rednecks... hell even cal has bunch of them in modesto riding trucks with confederat flag, beer and shotgun on seat spitting tabaco...

I went to origon with my bro... he is 5.10 170 poinds... small dude i am 300+ 6.3 big dude
    Westop at burger king... whole lot is with filled with trucks... we walking and joking "he he he rednecks" no one is around parking lot... we walk in and he goes very very loudly <southrn accedent on) "LOOK AT ALL THOSE DAMN REDNECKS YA'LL" <accent off> omg i dont know how i lived... bunch of them got up with evil looks
    i went to counter and went "can i have a small coke please" because i didnt feel like getting food with tabaco spits in it:p
    Then again if they were real rednecks i would not live that day:/