1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Why Not Tabs?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by michaelkoss, Aug 25, 2011.

1. I think Havic has it down as to why standard notation is superior to tab. I think with ear training and a good knowledge of standard notation you could pretty much play anything you might choose to.

Thanks for that Havic that was an interesting read.

2. younggun

younggun

Jul 19, 2008
    San Antonio
    Excellent post and reasoning! You can't argue with that logic (well, it is TB, so I'm someone will try :smug:).

3. Having said all this, I now need to back it up and learn standard notation and ear training...

4. c4lvint1me

c4lvint1me

Jul 7, 2011
    its been almost 2 months since i started bass. right now i only play tabs so i always jam with my friends every week. we pick a song and we master it meet on a saturday play for around 2hrs. but i feel like i need to starting learning standard notations and ear training though. i only think tabs are great when you start playing bass it helps you get motivated but after a few months its best to really start learning bass IMHO