Why not to call each other names on this message board!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by ZuluFunk, Mar 5, 2003.

1. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    Something to consider. Maybe a good idea to add this to the "Newbies, read this first" section:

2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    [3 year old voice]You're a smelly pumpkin.[/3 year old voice]

Go ahead, sue me!

3. basspro2

basspro2 I'm seeing Gorillas...

Apr 6, 2002
    Northbridge, Mass
    That's nothing 3 weeks ago a bunch of little girls were throwing snowballs at one another, and one of them hit another girl by accident who was not part of the play.The girl went home ,told her father, The father came back ,fired a gun at the little girls an shot a 10 year old girl in the head. This f@#%king world is going out of its mind..:mad:
  4. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Sticks and stones... ???
  5. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY

6. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK

Holy crap. What is happening?
  7. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001

People are so overly sensitive. ;)
  8. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY

Agreed. :)
  9. Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    I remember in my hometown there is this "Pirate Ship" boat tour of the bay you can go on. One time they were out and a pirate pulled out his sword and started waving it , just for the act. A kid got scared and cryed. When the boat got back the dad called the police and filed a lawsuit :( ..pathetic.

On a side note..the pirates don't carry swords anymore.
  10. thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    That is the lamest thing I have ever heard.

What's next, will someone sue me for breathing the patch of air they wanted for themselves? :rolleyes:
  11. basspro2

Apr 6, 2002
    Northbridge, Mass
    This world is f@$%ked.
    Can you say McDonalds made me FAT.........or

I'm sorry I'm a moron, I didn't know the coffee here was hot..
  12. basspro2

Apr 6, 2002
    Northbridge, Mass
    Article about little girl.

Parents of Girl in Snowball Fight Charged in Shooting

Posted Feb. 26, 2003 -- A second suspect has been arrested in the shooting that left a 10-year-old girl in critical condition after an innocent snowball fight in Philadelphia last weekend.

According to the Philadelphia Daily News, police arrested 36-year-old Cynthia Powell Tuesday. Powell is suspected of driving the car the held her common-law husband, Joseph Best, as he allegedly shot into a crowd of children playing in the snow. Best, 32, was arrested Monday.

Both are charged with attempted murder, aggravated assault, reckless endangerment and other related charges.

The couple allegedly retaliated after their daughter was hit with a snowball after church on Sunday. Ebony Smith, 10, was shot in the head and is in critical condition after two surgeries. She was not part of the snowball fight, according to reports.

According to police and published reports, Best's daughter was hit with a snowball as she and her friends walked past a group of girls having a "friendly snowball fight," police Capt. Charles Bloom told reporters.

A scuffle broke out among a dozen girls, ages 10 to 15, but quickly subsided. Various versions exist of what happened next, but police charge that Best returned at least twice to where the snow battle erupted. The first time he argued with other adults on the scene. He returned again around 5:30 in a car, from which he leaned out the passenger side and fired at least five shots into a group of children playing on the street.

Police said Ebony was walking home from a store with her mother and sister when she was hit by the random spray of bullets. She had not been involved in any of the previous snowball battles. Friends and neighbors told the Philadelphia Daily News that the girl likes "dressing up" and " screaming, running, playing in the snow." Ebony got As in school this year, her sister said.
  13. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    I dont even know if my vocabulary can accurately express how I feel right now...
  14. Sometimes I hate this world.
  15. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    It finally happened.
  16. This is why I play bass. I go onstage and show some people a good time and make myself have the time of my life every time. I love playing, I could play in any band except maybe country.... Once they pull out that honky tonk voice i'm out of the there.

Seriously though, I think if everyone would just pick up a insturment or do something besides release their anger on other people this world would be a better place.
  17. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA