1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Why one does not bring their new puppy along to pick up a new bass

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by 40Hz, Oct 7, 2017.

1. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

This is Fen, short for Fender. He's a five month old terrier beagle god knows what else mix we recently got from our local American Humane Society shelter. A picture of canine nobility and angelic innocence if there ever was one.

IMG_2675.JPG

This is Fen yesterday. Picked up a new bass (not a Fodera) at our Fedex office, put the box in the back seat with the Fen who very much wanted to "Go for ride!"

Got back very shortly after…and this was the result:

IMG_2904.JPG

No damage to the contents. (Lucky for him!) But I'm a little miffed about the box since that's probably as close to having a real Fodera as I'm ever likely to get.

Dogs. Gotta love 'em.

GregC, J.D. Detroit, McG and 5 others like this.
  2. gln1955

gln1955 Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Ohio, USA
    Just helping you unpack. Pretty smart for a young pup.

3. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

Smart he is. Too smart sometimes. :laugh:

4. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

What kind of bass was actually in there? The dog might just hate false advertising... or crappy basses.

;)

40Hz likes this.
  5. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

It's an early '70s Gibson SB-300 I posted about over in the Basses section.

Hmm…him being named "Fender" might have something to do with it now that you mention it. :laugh: