1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

why this rule????

Discussion in 'Classifieds Usage Discussion and Help' started by PastorofMuppets, Sep 25, 2013.

1. If a person is not a paid user why does it need to be a rule that they cannot ask what a instrument or piece of gear might be worth. You can still make a subscription required to actually conduct business. I think it would be nice to have this rule relaxed. I am not even sure if it would be financially in my favor to attempt a sale, and before that I couldnt justify the cost of a subscription.

Food for thought. I would suggest this rule be relaxed a bit.

2. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    Duh, because it's a backhanded way to put a "for sale" ad on the board

3. Bingo!

4. Session1969

Session1969

Dec 2, 2010
    Because membership has it's advantages.

5. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    For example. Even by posting this somebody might wonder if you have your Lakland listed in your signature for sale, and contact you via PM for information, therefore getting around the membership rules

Countdown to thread demolition...

6. it was a legit question. I can see your points. Sometimes people are honest and are just looking for information and sometimes people dont screw you.

7. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Definitely worth six cents a day.

8. Staccato

Staccato Low End Advocate

Aug 14, 2009
    Alabama
    Think of being a supporting member this way, TB is like a hobby, and at $20, a very inexpensive one at that.

9. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Because many dishonest people will use a "What is my bass worth?" thread as away way of sneaking by and saying "I have this bass for sale if you are interested."

Not to mention, I find it REALLY hard to believe that in this information age you can't find out how much your bass is worth anyway.

That being said, my membership here has been (dollar for dollar) one of the best investments I ever made. More knowledge here than you can wrap your head around.

I mean, you've been here since 2006! You don't think you have gotten $20 worth out of it??????

10. I have paid the yearly fee twice at least
    thanks for all your replies. I feel the tread has run its course.

11. CyberSnyder

CyberSnyder Gold Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Maryland
    I Endorse Alien Audio Basses
    TB an inexpensive hobby? Hahahahahahaha!!!!! ;-)

I would have been happy with one bass, one amp and a effects pedal or two.