Why won't Dean Markley talk to me?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Flatwound, Jan 31, 2003.

1. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    I've e-mailed Dean Markley (the string company, not the guy) a couple of times, and I get no response. I had a question about SR2000 strings this time, but if they don't want to talk to me, I can just look at the other stainless strings on the market. There's not exactly a shortage.

Why does a company post an email address for questions, and then ignore emails?
  2. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    How long has it been? I've waited a few days to hear from SWR, and over a week for EMG. What was the question? Maybe we can help.
  3. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    They don't like you. THATS why......

No, maybe they are swamped from customers asking questions? I would doubt it, but it could happen. Do they have a phone number? that would be ten times better than email anyways,,,, well,,,,,sometimes.
  4. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    I had to send several emails to D'Addario, and GHS looking for info on long scale string for my 36" scale Fodera. And I still haven't heard a word from Elixer.

But I got a response right away from La Bella. I'm sure that if you wrote Ken Smith, Bill Conklin, Joe Zon, Mike Tobias or Roger Pedulla you'd get a response fairly quickly.

I think that the big boys in the string business don't want to waste their time on the end user.

I find it amazing that most retailers seem to know very little about the strings they sell. Other than what they specifically use, themselves. I guess they figure that they are cheap enough that you can just experiment on your own. But when you are looking at $40-60 a set for a 6 string pack it get a bit costly.
  5. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    relax a bit, give them some time - there's a big crush around the namm shows where the guys over there are really busy.
  6. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Hey Flat, PM a guy named JeffL here at TB. He's in the R&D for Markley. He could help you.
  7. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    K, John, I'll give them some time (it's been a week), but I've gotten better responses from big outfits like GHS. I just think if they're not going to answer e-mails, then they should tell you so, like Lindy Fralin does.