1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Why would anyone miss someone that treated them poorly ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Mar 31, 2009.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Why would anyone miss someone that treated them poorly ? I guess its the better memories that hold more weight for some.

2. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    Stockholm syndrome?

3. sean.1986

sean.1986

Feb 24, 2009
    Essex, England
    People become institutionalised.

4. I think I will miss my father when he's gone. He's been an ******* to me my whole life, yet I have this strange sense of respect for him and at the end of the day he's still my father.

5. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    Sex

6. /Thread

7. I'm going through this right now with a couple people. Got totally screwed by the two of them. Thing is, you remember all the good times, and regardless of the bad stuff that happened at the end, you still want those good times back.

8. I think with most relationships, the beginning is the most exciting time and some people are always striving to get back to that beginning time even though its passed on. It could be they're hoping that they're just going through a rough spot with their partner/other and things will go back to the way they used to be.

Of course, a lot of times people are dependent, emotionally, financially or otherwise, on their partner. In many abusive relationships, for instance, the woman is scared to leave her partner because she has no savings or income of her own. Making such a drastic change can be frightening too and sometimes people stay with the devil they know than the on they don't. (This isn't just for physically abusive relationships, but I certainly applies to them as well.)

9. PSPookie

PSPookie

Aug 13, 2006
    Ocoee, TN
    Quite simply put: people are stupid.

There are a variety of possible reasons, but it often boils down to people being emotional creatures that seldom ask "why".

10. Yep, see my sig... Damn emotions.

11. sarcastro83

sarcastro83

Jul 27, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    hands down, it's always better when they're crazy.

12. Some people are desperate for any attention they can get, good or bad.

13. tycobb73

tycobb73

Jul 23, 2006
    Grand Rapids MI
    It depends on who treated them poorly. If it was thier parents they are conditioned to think that's how people who care about them treat them since thier parents must care about them.

14. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Maybe they liked the poor treatment? Guys like Jerry Springer make a living putting people like that on TV.

-Mike

15. D Rokk

D Rokk Banned

Feb 19, 2009
    Delta Quadrant
    my ex wife was a horrible person treated me like dirt and yet i miss her all the time even tho i'm pretty sure i hate her..

16. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    Its funny how a MM thread has been answered in just 3 characters. ;)

17. 'Cause we're (yes, we're) dumb!!!! We've all done it.

Sorry I had to ditch earlier, btw. Was dealing with a client on the phone....

18. We sounds related, as long as we can replace "wife" with "girlfriend". :atoz:

19. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    +1

I'd like to think im not one of them, but.....

20. Asking myself the same question right now :(