Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

why would someone do this?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jasonbraatz, Feb 18, 2002.

1. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
  2. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    He/she is crazy? Brain damage? Bad childhood? Sex on TV?

3. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    That makes me want to cry.:( :eek: :confused:

4. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

5. Prague77

Prague77

Aug 20, 2001
    Waco, TX
    please someone buy that bass and fix it up! this is making me cry!!!! oh pleaseeee somone give that bass a nice home.

6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

That thing needs some TLC, but I'll bet it will go pretty cheap. One to keep an eye on.;)

7. that's a nice besides the bastardized pickups

8. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA

the reason why i almost didn't post it here. :mad:

filthy biters.

:D nah i can't get it - i gotta get my warwick fretless! must not stray from the Dao of Warwick.

jason

9. Keep on the right path, Jason! I think you'll be mighty pleased when you finally make the purchase.

10. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000

who'da thunk it? :rolleyes:

11. CYoung

CYoung

Nov 30, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    In the seller's defense, he/she did NOT make the modifications themselves.

I have to give this person credit for on thing: they made a very thorough and sincere effort to make it 100% clear exactly what you would be getting into with this bass. The pictures are clear and the descriptions are detailed. I wish more sellers were as straight-forward in their ads.

12. I have to say, I like Carvin pickups but come on!!!

I seriously doubt they improved the sound of this bass at all.....craziness!

13. Pretty DUMB DUMB thing to do!!.....

I guess the person who did the modification might have done it for financial reason or something.

He/she might be short of money for drugs and decides to sell the pick up.

14. SantosL.Halper

SantosL.Halper

Sep 27, 2000
    My guess it's the same guy who gutted the preamp in the used Conklin Bill Dickens I bought! The guy removed all the modules, the battery harness, even swapped out the locking jack ring! Now it only has 1 volume and 1 pup working-and still sounds great. It's been a nightmare trying to get someone locally to retrofit it with an original BArt, as Bart. simply refuses to answer calls (and I guess are at NAMM anyway), so I'm having my local guy just wire it up passive, with blender, volume, tone. I called Conklin (they are great) and they said it really is just an NTMB preamp basically, and that I could order a kit and it would work fine. That'll be a tax-refund or 2 down the road.

But I got a good deal on it, it plays/looks great, so I'm happy, just confused...-Santos

15. SantosL.Halper

SantosL.Halper

Sep 27, 2000
    "Who...or WHAT?... is Santos L. Halper?!?":D

16. :eek:
    It is said that crack kills!

17. what a dumbass